Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure cookers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdF
    replied
    Lowjiber Have fun. It's a wonderful tool!

And if you want rice, put some butter in and melt it on brown (or whatever the equivalent is). Throw in a cup of rice and mix it around until it's translucent. Then throw in 1-1/2 cups of water and a bit of salt. Raise the heat to high pressure, cook for 3 minutes. The rest for 7 and release the pressure. Scale same proportions of rice and water if you want more.

It's the best rice!

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Just look at that!

• Lowjiber
    replied
    Follow-up...

My Instant Pot arrived about three hours ago. It's built like a tank.

The manual suggested an empty initial run, but who ever does that without something in the smoker/grill/etc.???

I always boil five eggs for my wife to take to work on Mondays. She grabs one at lunch and that holds her over until dinner time. So, I decided to try the IP out.

I put seven eggs on the included trivet and added 1 1/2 cups of water. Set the unit on "Steam" (High Temp) for six minutes. When the timer hit six minutes, the "Warm/Hold" turned on. I shut it off; evacuated the pressure; and placed the eggs in an ice bath to stop them from cooking.

When cool, the eggs peeled very easily and were cooked perfectly with none of that 'gray' color that often occurs when I mis-time the cook. She-who-will-obeyed said (as she ate two) that they were the most perfectly cooked that I'd ever done. Success!!!

Next on the agenda is Navy Bean Soup as soon as I get a ham hock.

Thanks go to Kathryn for the Instant Pot recommendation!!!

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Lonnie - that is outstanding looking!

• lonnie mac
    replied
    Also one of the best cheese cakes on earth!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cake1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	284602

Leave a comment:

• lonnie mac
    replied
    We boil eggs in our Instant Pot constantly. Some of the best eggs ever and literally fall out of the shells. Yep, love my Instant pot! In fact, doing up my beef stew tonight on this rainy day. 35 minutes and some of the best stew ever too.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    LOL!
    Naughty Lad!!!!

• Craigar
    replied
    I just added one to my wish list on Amazon. Has anyone cooked eggs in this contraption? The model I am looking at has an egg setting and a cake setting.

Leave a comment:

• GadjetGriller
    commented on 's reply
    Even had the owner asking me to make her some!! (http://www.ecrater.com/p/19582432/pr...id=81021731419)

• GadjetGriller
    commented on 's reply
    The old Henny penny's (use to work at Chick fil a Way back in the day before they invented color!!) Favorite thing to do was leave a couple of the breasts in the cooker for 2 or 3 cycles came out way over cooked kind of like jerky but WoW they were good!!

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    KevinG Seriously consider picking up Lorna Sass' "Pressure Perfect". Best book on the subject that I know. Works for electric or stovetop cookers: https://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Perf...essure+perfect
    Last edited by EdF; March 4, 2017, 02:45 PM.

• KevinG
    commented on 's reply
    Hillarious

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker I'm still giggling.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry, I had too. Craigar

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    Hehehe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here