Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure cookers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    My wife, Charlotte, made the mushroom/parmesan risotto last week. It was unbelievable! I'd never even thought of using the PC for it, but I don't think I'll be making risotto the long way again.

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    That was actually four dishes. A shallot risotto and a parm one. I have the mushrooms, but I can't seem to get around it. But I've basically gone through most of a container of texmati rice, killed a box of carnaroli and started a new box.

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    I'm sure - I've liked the couple or so Breville appliances I've had. Risotto really comes out amazing - try mushroom!

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    I've done more rice in the past two weeks than I have in years. Two risottos, a rice as a mac-and-cheese substitute, a chicken and rice... The Breville makes insanely good rice fast.

• Lowjiber
    commented on 's reply
    I followed your recipe almost to a "T" yesterday... perfect!! Very nice.

I only used a pound of beans, so portioned the recipe accordingly.

Thanks much for the recipe and tips.

• Lowjiber
    commented on 's reply
    Kathryn, my wife has been peeling the whole batch when she's on lunch break. I've made three batches for her now, and she still raves about the quality and consistency.

I no longer use "Steam". I just hit "Manual" for 6 minutes... perfect!

• Lowjiber
    commented on 's reply
    Yup. The roast was perfect. No brainer, that one.

Dana doesn't cook, but helps with the dishes. Heaven help me if she ever opens the cupboard and discovers my Baker's Chocolate (chilli) or my Red Boat Fish Sauce.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Craigar, the eggs all have to be on one level, so the most I can fit in is about 16 eggs on the steamer rack in the IP.

Lowjiber, the IP hard boiled eggs, if stored in their shells in the fridge, will eventually get that greenish outer layer to the yolks. I peel my hard boiled eggs right away after they have cooled thoroughly in the ice bath to minimize that effect. I store them in a Ziploc bag in the fridge.

Kathryn

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    That's a Kenji trick, adding the fish sauce at the end. Does it in his PC texas style chili, which is pretty much my go to method, though it needs less liquid than he puts in.

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc with Easter right around the corner, how many eggs can you make at one time?

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    This recipe looks awesome. I'm going to give it a try.
    K.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Clever save, Lowjiber! I bet that pot roast was awesome!

K.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    I'm glad it's working out for you, Lowjiber . Sounds like you're having fun!

I hardboil eggs once a week in it. I use a 6-6-6 method: 6 minutes on Low pressure, 6 at rest still in the pot , then release pressure and 6 min in the ice bath. It's all good!

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    For me, Potkettleblack , the thickness of the liquid has been a recurring problem, especially if I use a doctored-up commercial sauce, as I do for quickie Indian dishes. I have to thin the sauce for the cook and thicken it back up again at the end. Either that, or use the Pot-in-Pot method, which I have yet to try but have a nice insert for.

Kathryn

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    I've had a hard time with the amount of liquid. There's a fine line between enough to cook and then reduce quickly and too much so that you'll be reducing for a long long time. Again, less evaporation.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here