Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a 10 qt InstantPot Good For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a 10 qt InstantPot Good For?

Answer: Everything a 6 or 8 qt is good for plus THIS- Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210925_033227263-01.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	1099971

A gallon of chicken stock in a single batch!

Beautimous, looks like some nice rich stuff, YUM!

Comment

An Instant Pot makes fantastic ramen, or pho stock. You save hours of b.s., without sacrificing quality, in my experience. If I had a choice, I'd prefer the 10 quart to my 8 any day.

Your stock looks so good. Perfect color, and perfect amount of fat on the top(save this). Very nice job.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

That 10 quart IP is perfect for making stock. Yours turned out gorgeous.

Do you use it for anything else, without the pot-in-a-pot method, that is?

Kathryn

Comment

• jlazar
        jlazar commented
        Editing a comment
        Dewesq55. What was your impression of Kenji's pea soup and ham?

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        jlazar - I see my comment was written in such a way that it was misleading. I haven't made Kenji's pea soup. I start out with Emeril's recipe then make my own changes. Sorry for the confusion.

• jlazar
        jlazar commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok. Thanks.

Nice!

Comment

Got a big one, not sure of the size, but we also got the air fryer attachment/lid/cover.
        Mama made a pot of 15 bean soup, lasted for two dinners and a lunch.
        Last edited by bbqLuv; September 25, 2021, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the idea of the air fryer lid, but, last time I checked, they don't make one for the big boy.

Oh, yes. IP stock/broth is amazing. We just put away 6 qts in our 8qt Zavor. In two batches of course. That goes with two quarts of duck stock in our freezer. All very rich stuff.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Yummo!!!

Our IP is only a 6qt but stock is one of the things I use it for quite often. Going to make Oatmeal for lunch.
        Last edited by Skip; September 25, 2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Mississippi Pot Roast (well, any pot roast), chili, bean soups, stocks, stews, etc. I like that I can take a 2-3 lb chuck, brown it in the IP, then load it up with whatever other ingredients go with what you are making and you are done in about 30 minutes. The 10 qt size makes it easier to handle the larger meat sizes. Mine is the Duo (IP and air fryer). The air fryer function is kind of weak - we don't use it for that anymore.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here