Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instant Pot Sealing Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesertRaider
    commented on 's reply
    Chili. My smoked chuck roast chili to be exact. I love it, my wife, not so much. So now we will have multiple sealing rings.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I see I already commented above. Well, even if I'm forgetful at least I'm consistent.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    It'll go away, I bet. How was the beef?

Kathryn

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Ditto

• glitchy
    replied
    Funny this just got bumped today. I just make mexican shredded beef in mine for lunch and it really stinks right now.

Leave a comment:

• RolfTaylor
    replied
    Hmmmm...hmmmm... I have never smelled mine. Sounds like I shouldn't start LOL! I don't use the IP all that often, though just a few weeks ago I started eating oatmeal (supposed to be healthy) and the IP works great for that.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    What I do is not smell it and that works really well for me.

Leave a comment:

• SheilaAnn
    replied
    fzxdoc
    I have found that making a batch of rice helps with the odor. Not 100%, but it helps.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    replied
    I have the extra rings as well. I have found that a good hot wash in my dishwasher gets rid of the smell. The whole lid is dishwasher safe.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    I consider the sealing ring a consumable item. When it starts to smell, I replace it.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    It has transferred for me. That doesn’t invalidate your results. But it did ruin a whole pot of some pork thing I was making.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I originally bought 2 sealing rings because the turmeric I use in Indian food in the Instant Pot turned the seal yellow. Then I found out that the color pretty quickly goes away with use so I’ve never used the backup seal.

I never noticed a lingering smell on the silicone seal and I’ve got a pretty sensitive sniffer. I store the IP with the lid upside down on top of the pot assembly. I reinsert the seal into the lid just before each cook. I always let it free range between IP cooks.

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; April 11, 2021, 01:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• treesmacker
    commented on 's reply
    True!

• treesmacker
    commented on 's reply
    Yep - get one so you can help us all figure it out!

• treesmacker
    commented on 's reply
    Yep... impossible to un-smell them. We do as Mojo0209 said!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here