Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instant Pot Sealing Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Not that I really recall

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    But did the new seal smell after making, say... beef stock? It’s not a bad smell like something spoiled, just a "cooked" smell.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats, amigo!

Happy 100th post!

Keep on chattin us up, an yakkin away!

I'm always there, readin what ya done wrote.

• ecowper
    replied
    Yikes .... smelly seal on pressure cooker/insta-pot is no bueno. Had that happen years ago on a pressure cooker. Threw it away, got a new seal. :-)

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    I must admit that I freaked out a bit after smelling the sealing ring after a few savory instant pot experiments. It seemed bad enough that I immediately ordered the set of three color-coded replacements. Now, after several years of frequent instant pot use the color-coded rings are still brand new, never needed, I’ve quit obsessively sniffing the original ring, and we’ve never noticed any off odors transferred from one cook to the next.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    So do I have ta buy an Instapot to find out what ya’ll are talkin about?

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Another one with a big milestone.
    I just thought of what I said, interesting.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    guess we don't use ours enough, but when it is stinky I use bleach

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    I’m sorry, I can not help, I do not have one. Maybe meant to tag someone else? But, maybe worth a try, I love bar keepers friend. No idea h0w it works on a smell though. Hope you find a solution and share it on up for others.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck in Charlotte
    replied
    We've had good results soaking it in a mild bleach solution, but we have the 3-pack and use the same color for the same foods just in case.

Leave a comment:

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    I remember shopping and hanging out at Fox Valley Mall when I was a kid. Used to live in a small townhome subdivision called Pebblewood... I think is was called that?

• Dick Anderson
    commented on 's reply
    Hey, Hey, i hit a hundred! I need a new picture, I've lost 80lbs since that was taken

• Dick Anderson
    replied
    I always put the pot away with the lid upside down; haven't smelled anything, but that could be covid.

Leave a comment:

• cashelton
    replied
    I've wondered this too! Ever since making an overnight broth...

Leave a comment:

• mcook2201
    replied
    We had the same problem; the only solution wife was able to find is to buy the 3-pack, different color rings. We soaked, hand scrubbed, dishwasher, nothing really worked. She purchased the pack on Amazon about 1 year ago. Edit to my post, she found the ring set on Amazon while I was posting:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	40722.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	1015595
    Last edited by mcook2201; April 9, 2021, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here