Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instant Pot Sealing Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Doc!!! My head hurts, when I do this!!! OY!!!

Doc: Then, don't do that!!!

Leave a comment:

• PBCDad
    replied
    Most of what I make in the IP is of the savory variety, so I also have the 3-pack that I bought that has remained unused. However when I first got mine, I read that leaving the ring out in the sun will help get rid of the smell - UV rays or something magic like that. As a disclaimer, I've never tried it.

Leave a comment:

• Bkhuna
    replied
    I've been using my instant pots since they first came out. The rings will never fully deodorize and I've tried everything. However, I've also discovered that the smell of the rings never transfers to the food. Try using you IP to make pot in pot rice and tell me if you can taste any off putting flavors. I sure can't.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    I don't smell mine so it doesn't really bother me.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    LOL!
    Much Love to yerself an Derbster, ya ol skillet sniffer, from way out here, on th windswept Prairie!

• FireMan
    replied
    Do skillets smell? Has anybody sniffed their pots & pans? I think I’ll try it out since there is no one to actually see me sniffing my Stargazer or my Griswold, just my dog, & he would probably think it’s normal.

Leave a comment:

• tenphases
    replied
    When I bought my last instant they included an extra seal. When I looked up why, it pretty much stated that one of them should be used for the funkier stuff cause the smell isn't coming out.
    Last edited by tenphases; April 10, 2021, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    I agree with MBMorgan and jerrybell , try to not pay attention to the smell. We like oatmeal in the IP. Make some of that and the smell is reduced quite a bit but it seems to always have some odor carryover. If you like oatmeal try that in the IP. Creamy good we think.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Or a front loader washing machine. Apparently have the same problem....

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    I let it air dry overnight, then reassemble and store with the lid tilted. The smell does dissipate, but is still there.

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting.....

• jerrybell
    replied
    I went the route that MBMorgan did and just stopped smelling it. I agree that it doesn't seem to transfer the odor to subsequent batches. If however you want suggestion, I used the method described in this link for some silicone ice trays that had a terrible freezer odor and it worked amazingly well.

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    replied
    The separate rings strategy is what I use, but if you just leave the ring out the odor will dissipate after a few days.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats on the weight loss, too!

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    I have this too.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here