Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you clean an injection syringe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you clean an injection syringe?

Pretty straightforward. Do you suck up a bunch of soapy water? Clorox? Boil it?

I would pull the plunger out and wash it out well with hot soapy water. I would fill the syringe and then install the plunger to flush out the needle with hot soapy water. Inspect the needle and syringe body to make sure it flushed clean, dry and store till the next use.

Comment

I have one of those large metal injectors http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00006JEG9 . I flush it with hot soapy water then take it all apart and run it through the dishwasher for good measure.

Kathryn

Comment

fzxdoc That's the one I have also. Good choice!!

Comment

Thanks, all. I like your suggestion, fzxdoc, I think I'll put the small pieces in a mesh bag and run the whole thing through the dishwasher.

I have this one: Butterball 2-Ounce Stainless Marinade Injector. Remember to order through the Amazing Ribs click through if you buy from Amazon!

Comment

I pump soapy water through it, and then a squirt of dilute clorox.

Comment

And thanks for the link love.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here