Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in need of a decent injector, any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in need of a decent injector, any recommendations?

looking to inject pork butt and brisket. I want something see through and reliable but not costing $$$ so in otherwords cheap is good as I don't use that often. Thanks

When I get a newer heavier duty one, I'll give you mine, lol. Dunno when that will be. Sometime soon.

Comment

Go to SausageMaker.com item #11-1412 It is 69.99 and comes with two needles, rubber coated handles. I have bought a lot from them and they are good folks. My computers acting in super slow speed today. If the info comes up I'll post it here.

Comment

I used this one. Worked fine.

The Oklahoma Joe's® Trigger Injector makes marinating food more convenient than ever before.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        does it feel like it would hold up to heavy use?

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I'm interested too. That's the one Killer Hogs BBQ was pushing for a while, but the reviews claim that the gasket leaks and it loses siphoning easy. Have you had any luck with yours?

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        texastweeter Troutman it didn't seem very heavy duty but I had no issues. They supply a little baggy of all the extra internal parts. I'm sure it's geared more to the occasional injector.

This is the one I have. Only used it once, as I am not big proponent of injecting.. Turkey breast I think. Worked great! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mazingribs--20

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the same one. Just used for first time. Worked. Was using on a brisket. Had to give a strong push but it did the job.

• Jon Liebers
        Jon Liebers commented
        Editing a comment
        I have that one , lost the needle and its rusted. Plus I would greatly prefer transparent to see how much injection is in there

I'm looking at upgrading to Ad·www.bigpoppasmokers.com/
      Chop's Power Meat Injector 1/2 Gallon | BBQ Injector - BigPoppaSmokers.com

Comment

Fruita Wood and BBQ Supply | Fruita Wood Chunks Premium Quality BBQ Smoking wood chunks, wood for smoking, wood chunks for smoking.

i picked up this one last time i ordered wood chunks. Simple and bare bones but its been mor reliable than any other more fancy one ive tried. Only gripe might be that you may find the needle too short but i havent had any problems

Comment

I'm using one of the free ones from a bottle of Tony C's turkey injection from like 5 years ago lol. It's actually not bad, the older ones have a plastic injection tube with a stainless needle and metal fitting on the end. The gasket has held up as well. Of course I don't inject 100 turkeys at a time, but if I did decide to I'd ask my kids....

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Ooooh! Smoked puppy.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinking QVQ myself

went with the Oklahomajoes via amazon! thanks everyone.

Comment

I've had good luck with this one.
          https://tinyurl.com/yxj2v8tx

Comment

I have this one:

Not cheap but I like the way I can adjust how much I inject with each trigger pull. Also has a nice selection of needles.

Comment

BDI is what I use and I like this because you do not contaminate your jug of injection by sticking the needle in it.https://ssomd.com/products/bdi-injector
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4327.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	712343

Comment

Not sure which one because i clicked on a number of links in quick succession, but something tripped my virus scan

BETWEEN POST 1 & 7, INCLUSIVE

Comment

Clicking many time quickly can trick a virus scanner. Malware sites try to open many links quickly. And that can trigger the alert.

If you remember the exact message or page that your virus scanner identified, please post it. So I can investigate further.

Comment

No, sorry, dont recall, figured best to say something

Comment

• raywjohnson
                      raywjohnson commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep. Best to say something. Many thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here