Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermoworks Customer Service

As some of you know, I recently "defaced" my Smoke during the first cook on my new SnS Kamado. My bad, as I had a pan on the side table, and set a hot cooking grate on top of the pan, while adding a drip pan on top of the diffuser. I didn't notice it was touching the Smoke until going to move it back into the grill, and noticing the smell of burning plastic.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4177 (1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.63 MB ID:	980520

Anyway, someone recommended reaching out to Thermoworks and I did this morning. They responded fairly quickly, and told me that they have a flat fee repair service for the Smoke, and that for $25, they can replace the entire housing and screen, and ship it back to me. Pretty sweet!

Last fall, I broke the stand that lets it sit up on a table top, and called them to see if I could buy a replacement stand, and even out of warranty, they mailed me a new stand for free.

Just wanted to give a shout out here for Thermoworks having a really good customer service department.

The only draw back now is that I won't have full temp monitoring capability for 10-15 days, or however long it takes. I've got a Thermoworks Dot, and can monitor pit OR meat temp using that, and can leave both cables, and just switch which one is plugged in. Or just rely on the dome thermometer knowing it reads 50-75 degrees higher than the grate level temp. First world problems!
    Last edited by jfmorris; January 26, 2021, 11:11 AM.

They sent me a smoke stand for free and repaired my 5 year old thermopen for a cheap rate, I forget exactly how much. I received it much quicker than expected. Though their products r a bit pricey, I think their customer service more than makes up for the price. Glad to hear u had a similar experience.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris Mine is doing the exact same thing, I have to hit it sometimes to get it to come on. I left it out in the rain. I opened it up and dried it out after but it's been flakey ever since. Not exactly "water proof".

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris and Huskee I have an original Thermopen MK4 that's guilty of the same behavior. Sooner or later it comes to life if I move the probe up and down a bit. So I ordered a new one. Maybe I'll send the old one in for a repair. Didn't even think to ask about that possibility. Thanks for the tip, Mojo0209 .

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; January 28, 2021, 07:39 AM.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      fzxdoc definitely give them a call or email them about it - they have flat rate repair options for out of warranty stuff. They will make that flakey Thermapen good as new.

Yes their customer service is top notch. Glad they could help you.
    Maybe a new backup is in order!?! Just trying to help

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, like a Fireboard 2 drive so you can just set it and forget it. Use it all the time on my WSCG just so I don't have to learn every vent position for every temp in different conditions. Not trying to dis Thermorworks at all, have several of their products too and love them..or even buy a Thermoworks signals and their fan. Plus you'll be able to have the Signals running on the SnS by the pool and the Smoke on the Performer by the house ;-)

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. Don't be tempting me! Right now my backup is the Dot, Thermapen, and if I use the Performer, the PartyQ temp controller.

You have been my BBQ idol! I am shocked that you make mistakes, too.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, I can't one anyone's idol! Too much pressure! Thanks though, and yes, I screw up - lots!

I don't know, if it were me I'd of tossed it out and gone for a new stack unit or even the Signals. I think you missed a pivotal moment in your upgrading skills. That might even warrant a demerit, we'll let the committee decide .

Comment

I've had great customer service with them as well. They stand behind there products. I've had 2 different items that I accidently (my fault) that they made good on.
      Great products and great company.

Comment

I have to agree, back in the Spring I called about a faulty probe because it was relatively new. In the middle of my conversation I realized it was still my old probe and I never swapped it out. So I told the gentleman on the phone. We had a good laugh. I went on to tell him I would consider buying the Signal because of the 4 probes, but I felt like everytime I jump on a new device they release something new & better. He offered to upgrade my smoke with the signal for reasonable price. Then when we are all done with the payment details he told me they could not accept my trade-in, so just keep the Smoke! I will always recommend them for the high quality products & customer service.

Comment

Thanks for all the upgrade advice guys, but I'll have to hold off a bit. The medical bills started over again with January 1 and a new (high) deductible. I gotta get Yvonne fixed up before I buy a Fireboard, Signals, or anything else. And about the time we get that done, I am sure the IRS will want a piece of me!

Right now my backup is the PartyQ temp controller on the kettle, the Dot with a meat probe, and the Thermapen. I think I can get some good BBQ done without the Smoke for a week or two. Only planned cook right now is pastrami in a few days.

Comment

Ok, Smoke is boxed and dropped off at the UPS counter at the CVS around the corner. I'll figure some way to survive without the remote temperature monitoring capabilities that I never had before 2017!

I turned out a LOT of ribs, butts and other stuff on an offset, using the Rochester 3" gauge in the lid over the past 30 years, before I had any form of grate level probe. Of course, on that cooker, I've found that the lid thermometer tracks pretty close to the central grate level temperature, and I know its got about 20-30 more right by the firebox.
            Last edited by jfmorris; January 26, 2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I'm currently suffering without remote temp monitoring since my XR-50 seems to have quit working. So I have to walk outside to look at my DigiQ DX2 like a caveman.
              Last edited by Attjack; January 26, 2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha. Sorta where I am at. I trust the PartyQ to do its thing, and regulate temps. Based on last weeks cook on the Kamado, it's pretty stable. I'll live with the Dot to monitor the meat for a bit.

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                I guess I'm lucky since I still have 2 probes in action.

Free? Look at the advertisement you posted. LOL
              Word of text/post is the best advertisement.

Comment

That's great!

Comment

Their customer service is top notch. Had a very good experience with them recently as well.
                  I suggest leaving them a glowing Google review. Businesses sure appreciate that!

Comment

I've also had great service. And when I order the jelly beans they always send somethin' neat along with the JBs.

Comment

I lost a cover to a Thermopop couple of years ago, it blew off the deck and I never found it. I wrote them inquiring about just buying a cover. They said that no, they didn't sell individual covers. 2 days later a brand new Thermopop showed up on my door free of charge along with the jellybeans.

They're a great company and we all should support them.

Comment

• Texas Larry
                      Texas Larry commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just had a similar great experience with a broken Smoke kickstand.

• jhapka
                      jhapka commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Texas Larry I was just thinking about contacting them about my broken kickstand reading this thread. Can I ask how it went down for you?
                      Last edited by jhapka; January 28, 2021, 03:24 PM.

• Texas Larry
                      Texas Larry commented
                      Editing a comment
                      jhapka I simply emailed customer support asking if I could order a replacement. They replied that they would just send me one. Wanted to know the color of my unit and my mailing address. Next day I received an order confirmation & shipping confirmation and an invoice with zero due. Amazing really.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here