Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ThermoWorks DOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ThermoWorks DOT

You all can now welcome me to the current century as my new ThermoWorks DOT arrived yesterday. For the past 24 years or so I have relied on a bi-metal oven thermometer for my grill temps. I am curious to see the discrepancy and how I was able to survive all of these years. I will be giving the DOT a workout tomorrow smoking a pork butt since they are pretty hard to screw up. Thanks again to fuzzydaddy for posting the ThermoWorks sale.

Coolness. Gotta love them jelly beans. They even send 'em when you get a Timestick.

Comment

I must say, that is a nice touch. Unfortunately, my wife distracted me and swiped the jelly belly's ( I hate when that happens). So I am thinking I screwed up by not ordering a second meat probe, even though I did opt for the high temp air probe with grate clip, and will have to order one sometime soon so I get another pack of jelly beans.

Comment

I have 2 of them. They rock.
      Attached Files

Comment

I like this thing so much I might have to get a second one. Over the weekend I put it up against my old "reliable" bi-metal thermometer of 24 years and come to find out the old thermometer is reading 25* cool. The DOT read 250, the old one 225. On top of that I could switch probes and take the meat's temperature. This has probably been the best $47 I have spent in a very long time. Again, I would like to send a thank you fuzzydaddy for the tip on the ThermoWorks sale.

Comment

Glad to see you moving up, I got my buddy to buy a rec-tec and do things on temp not time (6 minutes per side etc which never worked) he is having a tough time adapting to the thermometer. I used mine a ton, and still do for pit temps, but i'm to the point where I don't need a leave in anymore.
        As mentioned in another post though, I have no intuition for steaks so that is where I use it the most.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here