Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Probe Thermometers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    replied
    The standard RF of the 732s states 300' (100yds) reception. I get a good 70yds in my yard when I put the receiver(s) in a tree when I'm out mowing. I'm not at all interested in Bluetooth for my circumstances. Wifi, absolutely it it were available.

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    commented on 's reply
    Breadhead - bluetooth isn't the most consistent over distance. It can be good for shortrange things like earphones and hands free cellphones, but not much more. Newer bluetooth claims up to 100 feet, I think, but I've not known anybody with that experience. That's why a wi-fi connection is preferred
    Last edited by The Burn; June 30, 2015, 09:20 PM. Reason: {Forgot the Maverick was RF - don't like it much either}

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    The Burn. You can't have remote without some kind of wifi connection.

I don't get why someone is against having a blue tooth connection?

Fill me in why that's a negative, please.

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    DWCowles. I've had mine for about a month. You'll love it. Did you order the extra 2 probes?

• The Burn
    commented on 's reply
    Good points Breadhead, I was assuming we were talking about remote thermometers

• DWCowles
    replied
    Funny that this subject came up bc I just order the ET-735 yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    It doesn't require your smartphone or iPad. You can use the blue tooth if you want to track your cooking temp and the progression of your meat from your family room or garage.

You can sit by your smoker and watch all of that without having it connected to your phone or iPad. Why you wouldn't want to track it from afar bewilders me.

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    It does and you don't have to use the blue tooth feature. I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to though?

I don't use my iPhone I use my iPad.

I sit in the house and watch what the pit temp is and see how the meat is progressing.

For long low and slow cooks I also use my DigiQ Dx2.

Those 2 devices make a 16 hour no peek cook easy.

• The Burn
    replied
    Alas, the 735 is both bluetooth and requires your smartphone.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    I think the Maverick ET-735 has 4 probes

Leave a comment:

• Drbearsec
    started a topic 4 Probe Thermometers

4 Probe Thermometers

Are there any good 4 probe Thermometers on the market that don't use Bluetooth and don't require me to leave my phone connected to the probe like the iCelsius seems to do?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here