Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard 2 on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard 2 on the way

Yesterday I pulled the trigger and ordered a Fireboard 2. My original FB had been acting up and having intermittent connection issues during cooks. It could have something to do with the fact that I melted it pretty good a while back and then, more recently, left it outside by the smoker to get rained on (accidentally.) FB said I could send it to them and they would check it out, but I figured one look at the gnarly melted case and they wouldn't be able to stop laughing. The other issue is that mine was an early adopter's first generation and it can't use the competition probes that I so badly want. Anyway, I bought the basic because already have the drive cable and decided to use the "savings" from not buying the FB 2 Drive to buy the competition probe bundle. I'll probably take my Gen. 1 to the vacation house, where I run propane so there is no need for a drive fan. I hope I don't regret not buying the Drive model.

Congrats.

Comment

I have the 2 Drive also and I'm a fan.

Comment

• SmokingSteve
        SmokingSteve commented
        Editing a comment
        So, does it control you well? (snicker...snicker).

I am extremely jealous. Congrats!

Comment

It arrived this morning! I haven't used it yet, obviously, but I already love it. As much as I like my original FB, this seems WAAAAY better in every way. I particularly love the very fast boot up. That was probably the worst feature of the FB1. I also really like the Info screen.

Question: Has anyone used the competition probes? I would love to know if anyone has any tips, advice or pitfalls with them as opposed to the standard probes.
        Last edited by Dewesq55; October 10, 2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I’m totally jones’ing for the FB2. Like you, I won’t get the Drive version, since I already have the drive cable and fan. But the new system, plus the competition probes .... I can’t wait. Figure I’ll gift my FB1 to my daughter to upgrade her from the Maverick she currently has.

Looking forward to you cooking with it and your reviews!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here