Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Smoke X2 reach my JOB???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the Smoke X2 reach my JOB???

I'm 0.35 miles from work. Plenty obstructions in the way, including a radio tower I wish I could hunt from. Testing 1900hrs on 10/8/20.

Cooking a small brisket for the family coming up for the hurricane. Right now the actual east side of the eye wall is forecasted to pass over mom and dad's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201007_214125.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	920943

Sounds to me like you will be testing this out and letting us know. They claim 1.24 mile range, line-of-sight. I am sure that is in on flat ground with no obstructions between the transmitter and receiver though.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I think one tree is enough to knock it down to 0.5 miles.

I hope the storm spares their home and belongings. Send them our regards.

Comment

Good luck with yer test, Jerod.

Certainly sendin out my thoughts an prayers fer alla yall, durin th upcomin hurricane event...

Comment

Praying that the damage won't be too severe to your folks house, and they make it up to your place safely.

Comment

Thinking of your family Jerod. I hope all goes well.

Comment

You should make 0.35 mile with it. First my KBQ is 15' south of the middle of my ranch house. The main main road is 0.25 mile north of my house. I can get 0.25 miles east or west on the main road before I lose signal with a lot of houses and tree in the way.

Comment

We will keep you guys in our prayers. Hope everything works out well.

Comment

Thanks guys. I couldn't help but laugh cause last time NOBODY evacuated and this time EVERYBODY is evacuating.

It will likely just be a 2 at landfall so if there is any damage, it shouldn't be that bad, especially if it's a fast-moving storm.

Comment

FAIL.

That darn Radio Tower did me in. Got to the parking lot and she lost it. Still had 75 yards or so to get to the office.

Still a good unit. My XR50 started losing signal at the new place. Too many right and left turns to my bedroom.

Comment

• jfmorris
                    jfmorris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the update. I can see a high power signal like a radio tower causing problems... I guess this is a time where a wifi connection and a phone app would come in handy.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here