Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    I'd drop Smobot a line to see whether it will work with it. The device is really good. http://smobot.com

• BFlynn
    commented on 's reply
    +7

Or go throwback toaverick 732

But Fireboard is a great thermo meter

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Just like Huskee I like the XR50 a lot except we both hate its flimsy stand.

• JGo37
    replied
    I'm the wrong guy to ask, and am watching this for the answers. I use Thermo-Pro stuff - their high-end but inexpensive thermometers made in China.

I have their best instant read, a six-probe Wi-Fi base, a couple two channel remotes. Coverage is fine, but..

I'm looking for a better app behind the whole thing - something I can monitor on my phone and SAVE, and then send to my PC to save and analyze historical data.

I'd also like probe lengths that allow me to monitor a couple cookers that are side-by-side (I can do that with the Thermo-Pro sixer). I run multiple cookers pretty often.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Ha! I know the Fireboard gets lots of love from everyone who has one, but alas I don't have one, so I say "another XR50"! Maybe Maverick can even sell you another receiver if you email them.

Leave a comment:

• steve weston
    replied
    Originally posted by EdF View Post
    What kind of cooker?
    ABC Kamado SNS Deluxe

Leave a comment:

• Rod
    commented on 's reply
    +3

• pknj
    commented on 's reply
    +2 love the fireboard. I have the first version.

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    I am a fan of the XR50 so I am probably no help unless you want to buy another one

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    What kind of cooker?

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    commented on 's reply
    +1

• Dewesq55
    replied
    Fireboard.

Leave a comment:

• steve weston
    started a topic Need Advice

Need Advice

Just lost the receiver for my Maverick XR-50. Won't light a fire without thermometer. This may be my chance to upgrade. Any suggestions re: wifi units?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis