Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iGrill without the i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iGrill without the i?

What is the best value thermometer with 3-4 probes? I don't need wireless or bluetooth. I would like easy to read and durable.

Thanks!

Depends if you want to be able to see all readouts at one time or just one at a time. I am partial to ThermoWorks.

I personally just got the black DOT and ordered extra probes to go with it (disclosure: I haven't had a chance to test it out yet). But I purchased a couple ambient temp probes, a few extra meat probes, and a needle probe. Theoretically you could get as many probes as you want and put them in the meat, on the grate, or whatever and just plug in which one you want to see. They have multiple probes including a couple different meat ones, ambient temp, and a needle one that would be almost like having an instant read with a nearly 4ft cord. The ChefAlarm would also probably work too. It uses the same kind of probes as the DOT. In both cases each of those devices can only have one probe at a time plugged in but you can quickly disconnect and reconnect to another probe. I recommend reading the link.

I was in the same boat as you. I wanted multiple probes but didn't really want the bluetooth and I'm usually around my pit so it didn't have to be wireless. Good Luck!
    The ThermoWorks DOT TX-1200 is an easily-read thermometer with good accuracy and robust construction.

Comment

jayn Thermoworks is having a father's day sale.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here