Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk me into or out of a ThermaQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk me into or out of a ThermaQ

So not much love is given to these things.

They seem like robust lil tanks with heavy duty probes. I like that; and I mainly use two probes these days. Is there some underlying issue that has kept them from gaining the love of AR?

Please enlighten me

Great device but remote connectivity is unreliable at best and their app isn’t very mature, lots of data dropouts and displays and plots are haphazard. Things that could be fixed, I would think.

I can monitor, log and control my rigs from anywhere with other devices.

Comment

I have a ThermaQ High Temp Armored kit, a ThermaQ Meathead Kit, and a ThermaQ WiFi...along with several different probes... In the years that I’ve had them I’ve only had one probe fail and that was my own doing.

The regular ThermaQ is indeed a beast with its rubber cover. It feels quite solid and has an IP67 rating. And the batteries seem to last forever.
      The WiFi version is much lighter and doesn’t feel quite as robust, though it works just fine and obviously has the benefit of being "connected."

I think they don’t get the love they might because 1) they’re kinda pricey...and 2) some folks around here really like to geek out and graph their cooks and keep logs & the like. That’s never been my thing. Also, neither of those can be used as a controller...which may or may not be a deal breaker. (For that I have a Signals & Billows...that I’ve not had a chance to put through its paces.)

One thing I also like about the ThermaQ is the simplicity.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here