Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard 2.0

So, this is pretty exciting.

Do I need it, no. Did I pre-order, yes.

The FBX2 series features three FireBoard models that provide exciting innovations in smart thermometer technology. We’ve retained some favorite features from the first generation FireBoard and added outstanding new capabilities.

Oh no...

Comment

Oh no, too.
      Purchased the first model about 4 weeks ago and have used it a half dozen times. A great product made even greater.

Comment

Those SOBs. Everything I really need, a legible screen, built in fan control, no more clunky cable. Oh well, my current model has to wear out before I think of upgrading. Got close to $400 invested at this point.

Comment

Hahaha, can't replace all three I have! These are awesome though, love the move.

Comment

This is how I "justified" it.

A. I only have one already
            B. Probe 1 is starting to get a little jiggly.
            3. I need a dedicated thermometer for my dry aging fridge (which has never needed it before, but not it certainly does).

Hope this helps someone.

Comment

Old model $30 off.

Comment

Great, I just get one and they come out with a new model.

Comment

• jhapka
                  jhapka commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ofelles welcome to the club got mine two weeks ago. I at least would liked to get the original on sale like it is now!

• Pow7der
                  Pow7der commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They mentioned in a FB Live video, if you just bought within the last 30 days they would accept returns on like new units towards the V2. Other returns they are handling per case and want to be fair with everyone.

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pow7der Ya, I bought it with my LSG cabinet back in late January. Just received it with the cooker beginning of this month. Thanks though!

Have been on the fence, this has tipped me over. Just pre-ordered the Drive model, no tax, and only $20 shipping to Canuckistan!

Comment

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're going to love it.

K.

• pkadare
                  pkadare commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Kathryn. I have one with 6 probes currently that does a decent job but the damn thing is Bluetooth so it really doesn't work when I'm in the house and it is down in the pit gazebo. As a lifelong geek I should have known better.

I don’t need it but I want it. I’m trying to understand the benefits of the Fireboard 2 Pro before placing an order for the Fireboard 2 Drive model. Sounds like the Pro model will work with thermocouple probes. What is the benefit of thermocouple vs the old style? Faster temperature readings?

Comment

• Razor
                  Razor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  From the video they said much higher temps. Not sure what’s you would use that for when BBQ’ing. Sounds like something my neighbor would need. 😂

• Bogy
                  Bogy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Especially if you have ports for six probes as opposed to 3 thermocouple probes I don't see an advantage for the cooking I do. I use 6 probes more.often than I cook over 500 degrees.

• Histrix
                  Histrix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The main advantage is that type K probes can be more robust. There are models that can easily handle 2000°F temps and there are various other types of probes. I've used a surface temp probe for many years. Also, type K probes are standardized so you can buy them from any vendor.

Well, I’m gonna but one, that’s for sure! I only have one, and I have at least 12 grills. Come on man, even a 3 year old can do the math and tell me I need one, right?

Comment

• Henrik
                  Henrik commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And now I have preordered one. That went fast 😄

• Porkies
                  Porkies commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Henrik You nee.... nevermind haha!

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hahahaha

Looks pretty cool, but like many of you I just purchased the old model about 30 days ago. Bummer!!! Maybe they will work with us on upgrades...

Comment

I got my Fireboard thrown in when I bought my Blaz'n Grid Iron. Really like it. But I just showed the email I got this morning to my wife, and the difference between screen size. (I didn't show her the price) She immediately said, "Oh, yeah, you need one of those! Old eyes!" I don't need it immediately, but like kenrobin I'm wondering about the advantages of the Pro model.

Comment

I want one, I mean 2, eh... Fireboard 2 DRIVE... but why can't I rename the channels?? Channel 1? Channel 2? So not technological!

OUCH! Okay!!! Stop throwing things at me!

Comment

That’s a really nice looking product. Had this been out when I bought my Signals it would have been a no brainer. I’m jealous of you all, enjoy!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here