Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Connected" Thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Connected" Thermometer

First, let's get the confession out of the way - I tend to be a bit of a gearhead in any hobby I get involved in. My wife is amazed at how much I've turned jogging into a gear driven sport.

That said, I'm looking for suggestions on a connected thermometer which will save recorded temperatures either on a flash drive or a cloud service through the duration of a cook. Obviously, the more probes it supports the better.

Either a finished product that I can buy, or a raspberry pi/arduino project would be great... Lord knows I probably have 6 or 7 raspberry pi devices and even more arduinos just sitting on my lab bench.

If I'm understanding what you're looking for I would suggest checking out the Fireboard.

Comment

Steve B Yes, that seems like that would work perfectly. The only question I have which doesn't seem clear on the website, is do I need to subscribe for $10 a month to get my data, or is it available without a subscription?

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        There is no subscription required. Your data and cloud service are available as part of your Fireboard purchase.

Fireboard, and I’ve never paid a subscription fee to them and I have access to all my past data. Cannot comment on any future plans they might have but it has been free so far.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        What Donw said. No subscription and the old data is always there.

Perfect. I'll be ordering the Fireboard then! Thanks!

Comment

prepperjack As long as you're at it, I highly recommend the Extreme BBQ package, probe organizers for each probe, Fireboard case, a couple of short skinny competition probes for ribs, chicken pieces, etc, along with the driver cable. Perfect setup, IMO.

Kathryn

Comment

The monthly fee is for commercial only.

From the Fireboard Site:
          "The FireBoard Cloud is free to use for consumer users. 24/7/365 monitoring is available for $10/month. More about the FireBoard Cloud Commercial Pricing here.

For commercial users running 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, FireBoard charges a $10/month subscription. Included in the $10/month is monitoring up for 3 FireBoards (18 channels) in a single location.

With FireBoard Cloud the data is YOUR data. It’s always available to download right to CSV so you have your history."

Comment

I prefer pecan pie, or sweet potato. Raspberries go better in a sticky cobbler with home made ice cream.

Comment

Once you do get your Fireboard, here’s a thread I started where we have been talking about it. :-)

I got a Fireboard Extreme BBQ Edition for Christmas. My wife knew I wanted one. She also, I'm pretty sure, is tired of me complaining about not having enough

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here