Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving on from Maverick 733

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the Smoke is not cutting it. Right now, with no probes in one side reads -52.9, the other LLL. The LLL is supposedly an indicator that the probe was exposed to temps below its limit except a) it hasn't been and b) there's no probe inserted.

inserting a probe tells me that ice water is 52F.

I don't baby these, nor do I abuse them. I expect basic durability. XR50 here I come.

Lovely. I got one probe to work. But the base unit doesn't transmit to the receiver. Or the receiver isn't seeing the signal.
    Last edited by rickgregory; May 8, 2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks, everyone, I definitely appreciate the advice. I think I’m down to the XR 50 or the Fireboard. I think price is the only thing holding me back. Has anyone ever seen a sale at Fireboard?
      Last edited by VideoWolf88; May 9, 2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

The XR50 occasionally is on sale but you're not going to save more than $10-15 (it's only $80). Not sure about the Fireboard. What it does I'm not interested in, so...

Comment

I have the XR50 and I love it. Caveat: it is the only digital thermometer that I have ever bought but I researched them and bought the one that fits my needs at a price that didn't make me cringe. I'm happy with it and it is just now needing a new battery in the remote unit after 6-7 months of mostly weekend use. I have left it out in the rain with no problems and dropped it once - still works fine.
          Last edited by 58limited; May 9, 2020, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here