Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks Signals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BourBonQ
    commented on 's reply
    My dad went through 3 of those abominations.

• Cheef
    replied
    Latest and hopefully last update.
    I spoke to a lady named MaryAnn this morning.
    She listened to my story and was surprised that none of it had been documented.
    She took the dealers info and advised me to visit them after noon today.
    Walked in and exchanged the Signals for a Smoke X4 and Thermopop to make up the price difference.
    Want to thank MaryAnn for the help.
    Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Cheef
    commented on 's reply
    $229.00 isn't a LOT of money but at this point I kind of get a feeling I'm donating to their research into issues they know they have.

• Cheef
    commented on 's reply
    Well like I said. All was going well with the exception of being misled by 3 reps. My problem seems to be with a fellow named Charlie Owens. he is kind of a mystery man. Throws a monkey wrench into what i've been promised by others. Have tried to talk to him on phone but he seems to be too busy to do anything except say no. Going to give him a direct call this morning if I can get through his lineup of flunkies.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    My kitchen would be like 12’ away but with one exterior wall. Often I can’t get it to connect while in front of it.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Cheef 3 Thermapens here and 4 pocket instareads just on that type. Have much more product besides. I’m with y’all on the no more WiFi from them. I need one though. I am literally on the other side of a wall from my unit. 3’ away from my cooker.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Wow. I am sorry for your troubles sir. That is disheartening.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    BourBonQ That is hilarious. Wow. Not a lot of space back there with the slanted window, especially with luggage. I can completely picture that. Mine was painted fresh with bright Chevy Yellow.

• Cheef
    commented on 's reply
    Yes it does have a short range but it ALWAYS works.

• Cheef
    commented on 's reply
    i'm tight with you on the wifi. It is just kind of taking me by surprise that I have any kind of complaint about a ThermWoorks product, I have an instant read that has to be knocking on 10 years old (approximately) I liked it so much I bought a second as a back up, and both of my kids got one from me because they are such awesome devices. I guess it is back to the vendor this morning and see what he says.

• BBQPhil
    replied
    I have a Smoke and it has worked well for 3 yrs with the exception of the probes. Have handled them carefully, but one died and another was 30 degrees high. One was replaced and I had to argue about the second. As a product designer, I have had experience with WiFi enabled products and they are not easy to design to work reliably with all of the existing hardware out there. In fact ,I avoid WiFi products for my own use such as home door locks and thermostats whenever possible.

Leave a comment:

• BourBonQ
    commented on 's reply
    Man, that just brought up a memory from the way back...

Sometime around 1980 my parents took 4 of us kids on a road trip to Disney World in a '77 Chevette. My buddy and I rode in the hatchback, jammed tight on top of the luggage.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    So sorry, an disappointed to hear of yer experience with TW...

Hope everything gits sorted out...

• Cheef
    replied
    Well things have taken another turn.
    NOW after a week of one way communications (me to them) promises broken of phone calls to be returned. Promises broken of we will do this, then changed to we will do yjat, to we will do nothing. communicated with 3 YES 3 different employees who communicated 3 different solutions.
    Now it boils down to return to vendor, or send it in for ''repair

under warranty.
    Headed back to the shop I bought it from tomorrow and see what the owner decides.
    ThermoWorks seems a bit lax in the customer service department. in fact it is kind of a cluster **** trying to keep up with who tells you what, and who decides to change what the last guy told you.
    Charlie Owens seems to be the floater in the fishbowl and guess what?
    Not allowed to speak to him.
    I would never have believed Thermo Works would be on my Chit List.
    We will see what tomorrow brings.
    Meater I would have expected this from but sure not ThermoWorks.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    That would be the original Smoke with the Smoke Gateway. But it has the range limitations of the original Smoke, and no fan control. And I notice some glitches in their app recently - the graphs will be totally wrong in the main view, then click on them and the right graph shows. The Thermoworks app is just glitchy as all get-out, and always has been.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis