Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Works X4 Performance so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-Works X4 Performance so far

So far I've used my X4 on 2 cooks.

During one of those cooks it was nice enough for a stroll around the block. At it's furthest point I was about 1/4 mile from home, with many many houses in between me and the head unit, and had no drop in signal.

For fun today I drove the car around the hood with the head unit just sitting outside. I got 3/4 mile away at my furthest point, again with many houses in between, before it dropped. Very happy with it's performance.

A couple other nice touches is that the handheld receiver also has magnets on it which I immediately found to be useful, along with the flat bottom so it sits up (unlike the smoke unit).

I used it with the Billows one time and it worked perfectly. Otherwise it is as quality as most T-Works units seem to be.

If the features of these new units are useful to you I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by xaugievike; April 3, 2020, 11:25 AM.

I have really been enjoying my X4 as well. When I got it I didn't really think the extra 2 probes would be that big of a deal over the original Smoke but it has been awesome for the cooks I have done with multiple pieces of meat. And I also took a walk around the block and it worked flawlessly with houses, hills, trees, etc. in the way. The magnets on the remote unit are one thing I was wondering if they would have and they are definitely handy.

I have a full review of the the X4 here: Thermoworks Smoke X4 Review but the simple review is it is awesome and I would definitely recommend if someone regularly cooks multiple pieces of meat. I have a couple big, thick ribeyes hitting the grill tonight for a reverse sear and being able to track each steak individually will be awesome.

Comment

I have only used mine once so far. I still use my smoke for most cooks. I will save my X4 for when I need that many probes, or want to run the billows.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here