Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meater+ wireless thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meater+ wireless thermometer

Anyone hear anything about the Meater+ wireless thermometer? meater.com is the website.

each food probe has an ambient temp monitor built in so you know your cookers temp right at your food. All the electronics are built into the probe (tiny battery must be as well) wonder how they would do in a grill or smoker environment......

I bought in early and had to wait over two years past the original promised date. And when it did arrive, the thermometers were not accurate, so I never used it. It now sits in the corner mocking me every time I walk into the room...

Comment

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      At least you know where yours is at. I honestly have no idea what I did with mine!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      To this day, I think of you every time I think of the Meater and I feel really bad for you.

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      I was fortunate to be able to sell mine on eBay for almost the same price that I paid for it. I had the Meater Block.

meater...

Click image for larger version

Name:	9DA5A0D6-5978-4401-B377-2CA6098708EB.gif
Views:	349
Size:	4.71 MB
ID:	814310

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol

Here is a member review you might want to look at https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...riginal-review

Comment

Soooooo should I get one or two?

Comment

I’ll never trust the Meater company ever. Thermoworks is my preferred temperature company!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will waste no further band width on this. It did look cool.

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            It was a good question for people who are either newer or missed the roll-out. It is a great concept and it is too bad members got burned not only in performance but in delivery.

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep! Good question! Glad you asked and we could help you out!

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I'm not glad - it brings up bad memories...

I ordered mine (Meater Block) early, received it about two years later, and it works mostly just fine. I don't really have any major complaints but also I wouldn't miss it.
          Last edited by Arsenlael; March 13, 2020, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I have a Meater block and have had no issues. Yes, I had to wait a 2-3 years for delivery in the original source funding, but I have had no real problems with it.

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome to The Pit.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here