Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Thermometer Syndrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Thermometer Syndrome?

The struggle is real - pretty sure I now have more thermometers than cookers.

While I have wifi at our campground...it's not completely reliable, and this will let me wander away. So Im thinking the signals unit will be my at-home unit and this goes to the getaway. And I still like the handheld alert vs. the phone alert from my signals for overnighters - this will wake me up.
    Attached Files

Man I fell hard into this trap when I first started here at AR. It is an easy one to fall into. Because Meathead recommend Thermoworks so much I felt I had to be a brand loyalist and that I had to have all their stuff....

I ended up with:
    Thermoworks Original Thermapen
    Thermoworks Thermapen MK4
    Thermoworks Dot
    Thermoworks ChefAlarm Chef Alert (can't remember)
    Thermoworks IR Gun
    Thermoworks Keychain Digital Thermometer
    Thermoworks Thermapop - 2 of them
    An array of probes, cases, etc... and all the (what my wife calls) adorable small packs of Jelly Bellys

Also:
    A Maverick Remote Thermometer - can't remember the model
    2 Ivation Remonte Thermometers (maverick knockoffs)
    The Maverick that Adrenaline BBQ Company came up with
    And some miscellaneous stuff I have forgotten....

Ultimately I use the MK4 the most....

It is hard not getting a MK4 and other thermoworks thermometer in every color... lol just wait till you start buying the matching trivets, spatulas, etc... lol
    Last edited by Nate; March 12, 2020, 04:02 PM. Reason: added thermapop

Comment

• xaugievike
      xaugievike commented
      Editing a comment
      lets see - Im at:

2 Smokes (might put one up for sale here soon)
      X4
      Signals
      Thermapen
      Thermapop
      IR Gun

Granted I double up for the camper, but still.....this is an addiction

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Guys like us need one in every location we frequent. Home, the truck, parents houses, siblings houses, desk at work.....the list goes on.

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      xaugievike - OH MAN.... I forgot the thermopops! I have a couple of those too!

I hear ya. I've got....

3 FireBoards

2-Mavs (I never use these anymore, but I still have them)

3- Thermapens. (One at home, one in my truck and one in my BBQ Box)

Comment

You gotta do what you gotta do. I have a Maverick 732 for the cabin. Its range is perfect for the cabin and there's no WiFi in the woods. I keep a Thermopop at the cabin and an IR gun too. Then I have the Maverick XR-50 and its range is perfect for my oversized property in the city. It gets the signal right through my thick lath and plaster walls in this old house. I use a WiFi camera to add that capability but I could see buying a WiFi thermometer like the Smoke in a moment of weakness. Then I have a Dot that sits in the drawer next to my oven with a matching Thermopop. These 2 are also my travel thermometers that get rolled up in my chef knife roll-up case anytime I'm staying at a place with a kitchen or kitchenette or going to someone's house for a BBQ (just in case they need some help and they often do). Then I have an MK4 Thermopen and another IR gun in the outdoor kitchen. Like @xaugievike I'm probably just getting started.

Comment

Had the Smoke X in my cart for a week now, still debating. I really like the sound of it. I want purple though, weird, huh?

Comment

• xaugievike
          xaugievike commented
          Editing a comment
          variety is the spice of life?

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. But we all are, so you are in good company.

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, you will always know which Smoke X is yours. Our fire company painted all our backboards shocking pink so they would stop disappearing from the ER. Haven’t had to buy another one since we did.

Yeah you cant have too many! I was recently in American Fork Utah and drove by the ThermoWorks HQ. I had to stop in and check out their store. I don't have a place near me that carries all of their products so it was nice to see everything all in once place. Had to pick up an IR gun and another Mk4 to go along with my Smoke and ChefAlarm. Also bought a couple of their 9x12 inch silicone hot pads which have been great. I have a couple of their silicone spatulas too which are awesome too.

Attached Files

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          We are big fans of their silicone spatulas too.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I second that, those are great! Donw

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
        Had the Smoke X in my cart for a week now, still debating. I really like the sound of it. I want purple though, weird, huh?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	p8092_v_v8_aq.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	814262

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I love that song. if I do end up getting the purple Smoke X I will name it Prince.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahaha, being in the Minneapolis Metro area, if I have to hear a band cover that song one more time at a concert I am going to loose my mind. LOL

Yep, it’s a struggle. LOL
        1 Mk4
        1 ThermaQ High Temp Armored kit
        1 ThermaQ Meathead kit
        1 ThermaQ WiFi
        numerous probes for those...
        1 IR-Gun-S
        1 ThermoPop
        1 ProNeedle
        1 Christopher Kimball timer
        2 TimeStick Trio alarms
        Half a dozen trivets

I also have a Signals & Billows that I recently purchased...though because I’ve been traveling, both are still in the original packaging. I’m hoping to try them out in the next couple of weeks...

And I’ve given away several ThermoPops and ProNeedles.

Comment

Got my X4 on the way to go with my Smoke, Signals, DOT, Timestick, IR gun, and 3 Thermopops.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here