Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick XR50 not syncing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick XR50 not syncing

Opened a new Maverick X-RAY 50 today for a rib cook. Transmitter and receiver are not syncing. Using only 1 probe. Have followed all the steps Maverick recommends including changing batteries. Nothing will sync the two units.

Anyone out there with a solution?

I don't have the XR50 but an older model and you could force a re-sync by pressing a button on the back when the 2 units were in proximity. Anything like that on yours? Mine was, IIRC, the temp unit button (the one that switched between C and F).

Comment

Wish I could help. I have an XR50, but I have never had a problem with it. At work right now, but I seem to recall the transmitter and receiver have to be turned on in a certain order. But if you have followed all of the Maverick steps, I guess that would already be covered.

This is pretty simplistic, but I always make sure they are right next to each other when I turn them on.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. They should sync automatically when turning them on, or the force sync buttons if they don't. You may have just gotten a bum one. Their customer service is pretty good.

Comment

Very late to the party, but for the record I just had the same issue and changing the batteries on the receiver worked for me. The manual says it doesn't matter which unit you turn on first, and you can press and hold the "resync" button on the transmitter for 2 seconds to resync. The resync button is also used to turn on and off the unit.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Not a Beaver Believer?
            Happy you BBQ, anyways.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here