Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New product announcement from Thermoworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm .89-.90 miles line of sight from work. I could really test this puppy out.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Please post your results.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB I'll probably get into wood-working for potential jurors first.

I ordered the X4 and billows this morning. Not sure what I am going to put the billows on. My 22wsm or the 26 kettle I am picking up this week? I may buy a second billows after I have played with this one a bit.

Comment

arrived today

Click image for larger version

Name:	90136806_589093621702001_5086431873463222272_n.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	817398

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        surfdog I am going to drill a hole in my new 26 Kettle when it arrives this week, and also the 22 kettle and insert these probe boots. Trying to be as nice to my leads as possible. and the two on the left are cable extensions. trying them out.

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I wanted to pre order a 26 slow and sear, but, I have to give a bit of pause after these. lol It's her fault, she bought me the 26.

• surfdog
        surfdog commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, that makes sense. No need in fouling up the cables. And it will look "finished" as well.

The more and more I use my signals I’m kind of wishing I had one of these. The Signals app is pretty bad, especially since the release of iOS 13. There’s some kind of bug in there that quits the app whenever you exit it and forces it to reload almost every time you want back in. The result is you have to wait 5-6 seconds at a minimum before you can see your temps. Sometimes even longer if the app needs to reconnect to whatever server the software connects to.

Sounds like a first world problem? It does, until you over shoot your temps because unfortunately many times when you are out of the app it is not running in the background. Defeats one of the main purposes of having the app. Unless you are on the road and need to check temps, I currently recommend this over the Signals. Thankfully the Signals hardware does a fantastic job of working with the Billows to hold cooking temps. I assume this product will do the same.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here