Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your perfect thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigJim
    replied
    Keep your eyes peeled on the site in the next couple of weeks. We have some surprises regarding thermometers coming soon.

Leave a comment:

• Crimedawg
    replied
    I use a thermapen for instant read temps. If I were to design the perfect arrangement it would be meat temp and cooker temp from an iPhone. I would like to be able to control the temp and monitor the temp by phone, preferably on the golf course!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Great post John! We're soon to get a lot of comments here.....

I llike the ease and simplicity of the Maverick ET 732, since the thought of me using my phone or laptop in connection with my smoker is a step toward cyber-tizing my smoker I'm not willing to do. I run an offset burning logs usually, or charcoal and logs. I like the tending, the old school approach it requires makes me feel like I'm making it happen, I'm building a bonfire and making food from carefully tending and stoking it...not an auger and a control box and a knob. That said, I realize digital therms are NOT old school, but regardless I would like the Mav to come in a 6 or 8-prob configuration. Then I could monitor 2-4 cooker zone temps and 4-6 pieces of meat. As it is now, since the Mavs only have 2 probes, I run 2 together to have 4 probes. But at times I'd like more. I don't like using instant reads if I don't have to.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    started a topic Your perfect thermometer

Your perfect thermometer

I spend a lot of time programming and playing with electronics and have actually built my own thermometer to monitor and data log my cooks. One of the key reasons for doing this was to monitor many variables at once including 2+ meats, pit temp, ambient temp etc. Another issue is how close I have to stay to the pit. I typically use the pit barrel cooker as it allows me time to spend with family, so I am building it to post to the internet and send alerts to my phone.
    All of that said, what would your ideal temperature monitoring device look like? What would it do? What wouldn't it do?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here