Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Grill Grates ET732

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Grill Grates ET732

Had an issue with my ET732 on T-giving. My spatchcock bird seemed to be taking longer than usual to cook. I began to think that there may be a problem so I whipped out the thermapen and lo and behold the food probe was incorrect. Fortunately, I caught it in time. The oven probe was working fine.

I reinserted the GG probe into the breast and for a moment in read correctly but then fell back down about 20 degrees.

Yesterday I put a pot of water to boil. No problems with the temp. Boiled right around 212F.

I'm wondering if perhaps I had the food probe laying against the bone.

So here's my question. Must the entire probe be buried? Can I insert it only a few inches and be good? Anybody have a decent pic of proper probe insertion? Keep it PG please! LOL

Thanks in advance.

The probe reads at the end, so yes you can insert just a few inches. Your goal however is to reach the center. One manufacturer actually recommends pushing all the way through then backing out till you get the coolest reading. And yes the bone can make a difference.

Comment

Here's what I do. When I put the protein on I try to find the center of it. Then, after the temp has risen 10° to 20°, I move the probe around until I find the lowest temp, and I leave it there. .

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here