Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Meat Stick Wireless Thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Meat Stick Wireless Thermometer

Just curious if anyone here has tried the meat stick wireless thermometer. It looks similar to Meater.

Monitor meat temperature on your phone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi with The MeatStick smart wireless meat thermometer. Ideal for BBQ, smoking, grilling, and deep frying. Dishwasher safe with long battery life!

I have not heard of this one yet. I think these are going to be the future of the industry. I just hope the technology continues to improve and these things become more reliable. It is a great idea!

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree

I believe the technology will become more workable, an successful, in a very short time, an I am lookin forward to that becomin th norm...

No more cables to futz with, an jus raises th value of all my cookers I didn't gore a hole in, while I patiently waited...

Comment

It'll die like fidget spinners, or not.

Comment

Will be a Godsend for rotisserie

Comment

I'm dyin' for a great wireless solution. This product gets great reviews on their site, (big surprise ), but not so great on Amazon. It seems that some are getting ~ 50* lower readings on the ambient end of the probes, but the maker sez it's because the sensor is very close to the meat where the temp is lower anyway. I am tempted though - especially since my CyberQ is getting unreliable anyway. But it doesn't control temps, so I'd still have to get something else anyway...

Comment

Alright a Meater clone. Like most of you I'm dying for this technology to blossom. I absolutely hate messing with the wires, it's the bane of my cooking experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
              Alright a Meater clone. Like most of you I'm dying for this technology to blossom. I absolutely hate messing with the wires, it's the bane of my cooking experience.
              Agreed. I hate the wires. They are always getting caught on stuff. PITA to get your lid closed and make sure your not pulling wires when it shuts etc. I am hoping FireBoard is working on this.

Comment

Since I adapted my Fireboard to work with my rotisserie, I really have no interest in any additional thermometers. I know wires can be a PITA, like trying to feed the plug ends through j the back vent on my new Thermotemp when it's hot, but I don't really mind it so much. On my offset, i just close the door on them. Since I have a nimex gasket around the door which more or less conforms to the wire, I don't get any leakage or damage to the wires that I've noticed.

Comment

I saw that a while back and assumed it's probably a weaker product than the Meater. But it's great to see the competition as it will drive innovation. I remain patient and wait for the technology to mature.

Comment

Remember when cell phones were large thick bricks, impossible to carry in your pocket? I believe these probes will improve in size and function in time and become very user friendly one day, just not there yet. This company has been very quiet whereas Meater has been very in your face, makes me wonder if they're an overseas copycat.

From their website: "As natives of California, we came up with the idea for the MeatStick after an afternoon BBQ with friends. While chatting away and enjoying a game of charades, our 4 expensive New York strips were overcooked completely killing the mood! After countless BBQs, we kept having the same problem until we decided to do something about it and with a drive to solve this problem, the MeatStick journey began."

From Meater's website: "The company was founded on January 02, 2015 between 3 co-founders with 30+ years of combined hardware and software engineering experience. As close friends, the founders got together over a BBQ dinner, and after a few bottles of red wine and flights of Scotch, decided to take their problems into their own hands and stop waiting for someone else to solve them. This mentality is the driving force that echoes through the company culture that allows progressive ideas, positive thinking, and innovation."

So who beat who? Did both companies legitimately invent the same idea with strikingly similar design?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here