Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick ET-732 HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick ET-732 HELP

I can't find my owners manual for my thermometer, it seems to be working, getting a reading from the food probe, but the grill probe is giving a code of HHH, anyone know what it means?

Originally posted by Murdy View Post
    I can't find my owners manual for my thermometer, it seems to be working, getting a reading from the food probe, but the grill probe is giving a code of HHH, anyone know what it means?
    Perhaps one of these will help:
    https://www.maverickthermometers.com...ter-manual.pdf
    Get grilling again with help from our Frequently Asked Questions page. From digital meat thermometer questions to probe issues, our team has the answers.
    Last edited by MBMorgan; August 31, 2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, first FAQ addressed it.

• wu7y
      wu7y commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't know what your grill (barbeque) temperature was when you got the HHH reading, but when that happened to me I had fired up the cooker to a higher temp than the upper limit of the et-732. When I got the grill temp down it worked fine.

I am sending you the instructions that cover this. It is right under Helpful Hints: You may have a bad probe. https://cdn.shocho.co/sc-specsheets/ET-732.pdf
    Last edited by mountainsmoker; August 31, 2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, pretty sure it's a bad probe, I took it off the grill and let it sit out and it was reading 200 degrees when it should have been room temperature.

It seems that mine does that when body gets to hot. Like if I leave it to close to the grill or it sit in direct sunlight on a hot day and then I take a temp on the meat in a few places and it absorbs the heat from the grill.
    Not real happy with that so I have to watch where I keep it when I cook.

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      Murdy Opps! Note to self; check out what therm is being talked about! I was talking about my instant read therm sorry

Sometimes you can get that, or LLL, randomly too, might not mean anything's wrong. A great way to resurrect funky probes is to turn your oven to about 400 or 500 Degrees and put your probes in there for 30 to 60 minutes. It will dry out any water that might have gotten near the joint of the wire and the probe, and it usually breathes new life into them.

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm going to try that, and the faqs ssay they will replace it free

Thanks, all, for the assistance, chuckies are approaching done, looks to be a success 😁

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here