Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No self control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No self control

seriously. None.
    Attached Files

Oh you too huh? I'm about to send mine back, it ain't never worked right. When it does work it's getting pretty close to, but not quite, in Fireboard territory. Good luck with yours !!!

Comment

• xaugievike
      xaugievike commented
      Editing a comment
      What was the issue with it?

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      The app has never worked right. Mine also drops the WiFi and Bluetooth after an hour or so. It does display temps ok but the graphs are messed up. I think I have a bad unit.

Ya but...................you'll use the heck out of it! There I just justified it for you. You're welcome 😜

Comment

• xaugievike
      xaugievike commented
      Editing a comment
      Have a pretty big cook this weekend. This will make it easier I hope

You got the right color too. Nice job!

Comment

• xaugievike
      xaugievike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I did. I mean, it says so right when you order it!

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a blue ThermoPop, a blue Thermopen, and most recently a blue Dot. Plus the red-headed step-child a red Thermopop.

Originally posted by xaugievike View Post
    seriously. None.
    I laughed out loud on that one!

Comment

• xaugievike
      xaugievike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope my wife has the same reaction.

Great minds, I too have the blue Signals.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you ever get your app to work properly? I'm still having issues. Since I have a Smoke and a Fireboard I just leave that Signals sitting there. Tried it a week ago and lost both wifi and bluetooth during the cook, very frustrating.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman I haven't used it in a long time. I've been using the Maverick XR50s, just love those thermometers. I might sell my Signals

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Just bought the Maverick XR50 - lovin' it!

Congrats!

Comment

I got one a couple weeks back. The first one wouldn't connect to my Wi-fi but the replacement the sent worked just fine.

Comment

I waited & waited before I bought my Smoke. Then ThermoWorks had a sale on the wifi bridge, so I bought that. Then very soon after Signals came out which did everything Smoke & the wifi bridge did and added 2 channels . I suspect my next purchase will likely be a Fireboard.

That said, good for you on waiting! If it works as good as Smoke, you will be quite happy .

Comment

I've got the Smoke and Wifi Gateway, and other than a few sync issues between the Smoke and its remote and/or the gateway, its been good. I had a few glitches with the app, but for the most part, its all been rock solid. My remote quit working recently, and I called Thermoworks to buy a new one, and they told me I was still in the 2 year warranty, and had me ship it all off. They ended up sending me back my smoke, along with a brand new remote. They have great customer service, and always answer the phone when I've called.

Let us know how you like it! My only issue with both the Signals and the Fireboard is that I *HAVE* to use my phone to look at it. I'm lazy and like using the dedicated remote when I am home and within range of the cooker...

Comment

I don't understand. You got a device that can keep track of 4 things at the same time. Sounds like someone who likes to maintain control to me.

Comment

Interesting. Reading through this thread several have mentioned problems with the Smoke and Signals dropping wifi and/or bluetooth. I'm sitting here in my office waiting for the Fireboard app to decide it wants to give me some temperatures again. It will display them for perhahps 5 minutes, then spend ten minutes telling me it's waiting on temperature data. When it works it's nice, but it spends a lot of time not working. Not really impressed. The few times my Smoke has a glitch (and that's perhaps every four or five cooks), restarting my phone clears it up. I have not been able to discern any pattern with the Fireboard, and no consistent way to get it to show data, except to wait til it gets around to feeling like it.

Comment

I refuse to be tied to my phone. If they can't connect to my computer I will not buy from them.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here