Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I bought a Dot for some reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I bought a Dot for some reason

I got my sister a thermopen so I figured I would order myself something and went with a Dot. Now that I have it, it kind of seems like a one probe thermometer is a waste. Maybe I'll park it at my gas grill though. Gonna use it here in a bit.
    Last edited by Attjack; August 23, 2019, 07:37 PM.

I have one to use indoors in the oven and with a pot clip it works well for monitoring frying oil.

Also is easy enough to use and doesn’t require a phone so when you have helpers cooking stuff it’s very useful.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking I might pair it with the oven too. Good idea.

Well, for what it is I did like the Dot. The user interface is very simple and its aesthetic is attractive. This chicken was pulled at 157f and was nice and tasty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190823_192724.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	734372

Comment

Love my dot (that I technically purchased for Sophia) and we are getting a few for work.

Comment

I use my DOT all the time indoors. Great for the oven.

Comment

I just got a dot too! I have a smoke already, but I’ve had times when I wanted an extra probe, the dot is pretty cheap so I figured why not.

Comment

Yep, use mine for the oven too or stuff I'm holding in the cooler.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190823_212138.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	734404

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Since I'm starting to like the Dot maybe I should get a red one to match that grill.

I use my DOT for everything.

Comment

I have one and use it with the oven a lot. I also have the needle nose probe for it. I always liked that for doing spot checks and using similar to an instant read for things in the back or hard to reach places of vertical smoker so I could read it easier and didn’t have to keep my head in a smoke cloud. You will find uses for it. May not be as often as a thermapen but it has its place.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here