Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attempt to solve thermometer probe rats nest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attempt to solve thermometer probe rats nest.

This is my first attempt at trying to control mass entanglement of thermometer probe cords.
    Rudimentary at best but I am already coming up with other ideas.

Stay tuned!! Not necessarily the same Bat time.... But same Bat Channel...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0408.jpeg
Views:	222
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	731755Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0407.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	731756

I like it!

Comment

I ended up with these: https://www.fireboard.com/shop/probe-organizer/ they don't give them away, but they work nicely. Especially when unrolling.

Comment

• jlazar
        jlazar commented
        Editing a comment
        I have these also. Agree with CaptainMike Work nice but not cheap.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I love 'em. But $$$, so it takes a lot of love to get past that.

K.

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I also have these and like them. Frankly, I didn't notice that they were pricey, but I guess they are.

It looks like you now have an organized... rats nest.

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol..I did say rudimentary...

I have two sets of probes and even they pose a problem. I got some high heat paint in different colors and sprayed the wires up to when they go into my kettle. Even if you can't get enough high heat colors spraying the first couple of feet will allow you to see which ones go to which plug. Especially if you spray out some paint out and use a tooth pick to mark the plug in on the what ever you are using Fireboard, DigiQ,

Comment

I coil them separately like little garden hoses, when I'm not just wrapping them around the thermometer base unit that is. Also, I have that same drill and love it.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Love my Ridgid cordless tools. I have a pretty complete set of them. I particularly love the lifetime battery replacement warranty.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I want to collect the set, need the skillsaw and wouldn't mind a vac. Dewesq55

Sorry But I would just take a hedge clipper to those wires and only use a thermopen. Enoy the cook . relax and drink a beer or a few more.. cook it hot n fast until when you poke it , it goes in smooth like butter..

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          Sometimes I feel the same way. The probe thermometer is not the end all or be all. I do find it useful at times. Not ready to chop them up yet..lol

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here