Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XR-50 Probe wire placement on MPS 340G vertical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XR-50 Probe wire placement on MPS 340G vertical

I recently got the Masterbuilt MPS 340G and am getting ready to do my 1st cook on it with 8 bone-in skin on chicken thighs. I am trying to find out what would be a better way of using my XR-50 probes. If I run the probe wires in through the door opening I am concerned that since there is no felt gasket, the wires might be pinched. Do you think it likely that running through the door may damage the probe wires? Or do you think they will be fine?

My other option is to run them in from the back top exhaust vent, but will have a tough time keeping the sending unit out of the heat if I do that.

Thanks for your help!

I believe the top of that smoker is insulated. If so you can put the controller on top. If not get a thin piece of gasket material and glue it to the door, it should not interfere with the seal.

Comment

I run my probe wires through the exhaust vent on the back. I place the sending unit on a small piece of 2x4 on top of thesmoker. I have no problems with this set up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	e2eAz0keQzuELLVWTVew4A.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.85 MB ID:	724432

Comment

Yes - it's easy to run probes through the top vent.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here