Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard

Hey everyone. Been a while since I've been on here, but I'm glad to be back in the saddle. After drooling over LSGs all weekend, I decided to order a fireboard to take my mind off the LSG . Should be here in time for this weekend's cook. Anyone have any tips or tricks that I should know about it? Thanks

No tips or tricks on the Fireboard, but I admire your methodology. Buy something to get your mind off buying something else - genius. I got to find something to take my mind off the Grilla Chimp. And the WSCG. And the Napoleon gasser. And the...

Comment

You are going to like it. I am a big fan of mine. I love how you can log your cooks, add important information, and track the cook from anywhere. I have a template that I use every time that includes,

Meat:
      Rub:
      Fuel:
      Wood:
      Spritz:
      Water Pan:
      Weather at Start up:
      Forecast:

This makes it very nice to look back at when you are going to do another cook that will be similar. All of the information that I want or need is right there. Of course being able to look at the graph is also a very nice perk as well. Below is an example of a cook I did this winter on my BGE. You can also see all of my cooks that are indexed to the left. Everything stay organized and it makes it easy to look up.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 2.54.39 PM.png
Views:	201
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	714500

If you consider getting the Fireboard Drive Cable, you will probably want to get the larger CFM Pit Viper fan just to make sure you are pushing enough air with the system. Being that this system is WiFi connected, you can change the cook temp from anywhere.

Comment

• pjlstrat
        pjlstrat commented
        Editing a comment
        Nahh Troutman, Spinaker has himself a trout!!! Also I am digging the Nautical Wheelers reference.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Bull Trout my friends. Troutman pjlstrat

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Bull Trout? Why are you swearing at me? I may have to flag you

Always best to look at things that are much more expensive than what you can get at the moment so that what you get what you get, it seems like it was a really good deal and an utter necessity.

Comment

• bollingknowles
        bollingknowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly. One of my probes on my maverick died over the weekend, so the fireboard was a "necessity" as i told my wife

• gdsim1
        gdsim1 commented
        Editing a comment
        HA bollingknowles - I just pulled this exact same stunt! 😃 Had a miserable fail with trying to get an IQ110 controller to work with my Pit Barrel... needed a couple new probes for my Smoke unit also... so a Fireboard setup with a Pit Viper fan was the answer because OF COURSE IT WAS! 😂😂😂

$400 later (girlfriend doesn’t know) and I’m happy (girlfriend knows and is happy at my happiness). Placed my orders today and everything should be here in time for a brisket cook on Sunday. 👍

I bought mine a while ago. I love it and use it for just about every cook. If it doesn't come with it, purchase the weatherproof case for it... so nice. It has built in magnets, it is weather resistant, a neat little kickstand to prop it up so you can double check when you are standing over the smoker, etc. Make sure you do the updates too!

Comment

The FireBoard is great. But I think you should stare at my avatar for a little while. Should make you feel better.

Comment

Absolutely love my FireBoard. Being able to monitor smoker ambient with multiple meats helps me reduce opening the smoker. For me though, the LOW and high alarms are what drove my purchase - helps me monitor when I loose the fire.
          Have fun with it!

Comment

FireBoard is awesome! I wish they made a stand for it.

Comment

I recently bought my second unit so I can run both my kettles simultaneously. Make sure you go into settings from the app to connect it to your wi-fi. It did not prompt me to do so when I initially fired it up. So I assumed it automatically connected. I was wrong and the recording of my first cook stopped and started a few times because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by fttank View Post
                FireBoard is awesome! I wish they made a stand for it.
                Love my FireBoard!

Stands are easy to come by brother! Sorry, gotta post this every year or so.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza6.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	715305

Comment

• fttank
                  fttank commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice!

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Every time I see this photo I crack up.

Kathryn

I love mine too. I forgot to bring it with me to the vacay house this past weekend and had to use 3 various other probe therms to get through my butts cook. Very frustrating. Probably means I have to but a second one to leave there. At least I don't need the drive down there as my cooker is propane fired.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here