Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermometer

I am looking for a good meat thermometer that wont empty my wallet...suggestions?

Leave-in or rapid read?

Comment

Thermopop is a great value for instant read. The Maverick leave-ins reviewed on the free site are also good value.

Comment

Thermopop for instant read and Dot for leave in.

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup.

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, Yup

Welcome! Start here for thermometer reviews, ratings, & info. LOTS of good ones in all price ranges.

Comment

What they said. However, I have also read that this is a good value for the money. https://abcbarbecue.com/product/maverick-pt-55/

Comment

The ThermoPops are great instant reads for a first quick reading time thermometer. As soon as you can get a two probe that you can you put one in the meat and one reads the temp at grill level. I have a ThermoPro ET-732 that has worked well for 5 years that was about $55 Don't know if it is still made but there are still plenty out there as has been pointed out.

Comment

I'm still using a Maverick ET732 for leave in. Still works great. You might want to get the new model though. For instant read I like Thermopen and Thermopop depending on your budget.
              Last edited by Attjack; July 8, 2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
                mountainsmoker commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree still have mine after several years and is still rated a Platinum medal my the folks here. Price is only about $55 on Amazon. You really need both to do Q

I have a couple of Maverick Thermapen instant reads that work great. For leave in, I have the Maverick ET-732 and the XR-50. Both of those are excellent products.

Comment

Ya know that place between yer finger & yer thumb in the palm of yer hand, well, ferget it. Never mind. 🕶

Comment

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LoL that's what you slap yourself with when you don't use your thermometer!

I buy Thermo Pops when on sale. I buy more than 5 get better price. I give them out to people like yourself The Bearded Smoker just because they are such a game changer.
                  Last edited by HawkerXP; July 8, 2019, 06:48 PM. Reason: just do it

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey, it’s better than an ear lobe.

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Works pretty well actually. That said I even travel with a thermometer because why not?

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here