Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How could you not like this crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How could you not like this crap

Infrared with a food probe. So this food probe is freaking fast. You stick it, it immediately reads like 120.2, and doesn't move until the temp goes up. I'm like, "how in the world did you get there so fast dude!!"

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190603_011040.jpg Views:	1 Size:	112.6 KB ID:	689195

Is that the one for $149? (laser and probe)

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Dunno, it was late, I was ticked, I needed a gift. It does have a laser circle thingee.

• JimLinebarger
      JimLinebarger commented
      Editing a comment
      Was that an "I need to feel loved" gift?

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Nah, I got my grill grates and I use them upside down and got tired of trying to guess the temp.

That rig is next on my gift list to myself.

Comment

Thermocouple tips are fast and accurate.

Comment

I have the laser thingie, need to check if I can plug in a probe on the side on my device too.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          It's K and very small on the right side.

I think you overcooked that meat.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Bahhhhhhh good one

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          I'm testing wannabe denaturing temps of prions.

Yea I got one of those thingies too. Bought it last year when they had a big sale going on. didn't need it but do like it !!

Comment

Went outside this morning and discovered I had left one of my IR therms outside during the heavy thunderstorms that passed through the other night. It is a cheap one. Turned it on and I knew the temps were off and thought no big deal, find this thread and get the Thermoworks one. However after pulling the battery and placing it in the sun to dry out it is back to working correctly. I guess Thermoworks will have to wait for my money for awhile.🙂 Dern.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here