Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ThermoWorks Signals & the Lone Star Grillz 20" Offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ThermoWorks Signals & the Lone Star Grillz 20" Offset

I tested out the Thermoworks Signals thermometer with my LSG 20x42 offset. I really like Thermoworks' app and the functionality of the thermometer. My only issue was that the meat probes don't play well the probe ports on my 20x42.

Feel free to check out the video:

Nice video. I've looked hard at the LSG line and I wondered about passing the probe through the probe hole. My Guru probe is bent on the business end like yours but the plug end is straight I think.

You could bore out the probe hole to a larger size. Then you could tap some threads and use a larger plug for the hole.

Again, thanks for the review.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      The FireBoard with the competition probes easily fit through a 3/8” hole for all of the 6 channels if fed one at a time.
      This is what I use with my LSG.

• NapMaster
      NapMaster commented
      Editing a comment
      Roger that Steve B. Good to know.

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Similar to Steve B my Fireboard probes fit easily through the ports on my LSG so I was surprised when the Thermoworks meat probes gave me problems.

Ken, I noticed in your video that the drain valve was open and chugging smoke. Do you normally leave it open while running your smoker? Thanks

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I recorded the video before I started cooking with water in my LSG. Since I started cooking with water, now I keep the drain valve closed.

Thanks for the information Ken and keep your videos coming.

Comment

Thermoworks sells straight competition style probes, that would solve your probe port problem. That's one of the things I don't like about their probes in general, the right hand plug is not probe port friendly at all. They don't work well with Weber probe bladders either which is why I ordered the straight probes (which I know does you no good with all the ones you got with the Signals)

Although I haven't had a chance to call them again, I've had nothing but problems with the Signals app. It reads temps just fine but the graphs keep disappearing on me and I've had some other quirky issues with maintaining wifi connection. I talked to them once and they admitted to still trying to get the bugs out of it. Hoping they get the app sorted soon. I like the device a lot and still use my Smoke for simple cooks, but gotta say my Fireboard is still king.

Thanks for the great video regardless Ken !!!

Comment

• kenrobin
        kenrobin commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Troutman
        I agree with you..... the Fireboard is still the best thermometer system out there.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here