Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital Temp Alarm Saves The Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Temp Alarm Saves The Cook

I have a 6 probe thermometer with Bluetooth and alarming capabilities. I had it set to alarm for both below or above my temp. I checked the graph and it was holding right where I wanted it, so grabbed a beer and settled down for a rest.
    All of a sudden the alarm went off and when I checked, my propane had run out. I lost maybe 10 minutes of temp vs probably an hour or more by having a spare tank and the alarm going off.
    A great save for me, as everything turned out great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LDLK4248.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	662043

Whew! Those sensors w/alarms can really save the day (or night)!
    My Treager flames out on occasion during a long (brisket) cook, so the low-temp warning is a lifesaver.

Comment

That must have been one heck of a beer.

Comment

So ribs are not the only "spares" you need...

Comment

That is quite a load in that thar cooker.

Comment

That is quite a load and nice vertical cabinet to boot !! I had a similar experience with my pellet cooker one time, forgot to load the hopper for a long cook, it ran out of pellets and the alarm on my thermo unit went off when it fell to the low set point. Those devices are certainly worth their weight in gold, not only for the food but also for the cooker itself !!

Comment

Glad it worked out okay. Hate for something to happen to that good looking meat,

Comment

Good looking stuff going on in there. These thermo set ups have become indispensable.

Comment

Propane?!?! OMG say it isn't so!!! lolol

Comment

Which propane smoker do you have? I am trying to decide which one to get. What do you consider the pros and cons of the one you have? Really appreciate your comments on this. Feel free to PM me if you like.

Comment

That is a Smoke Hollow 44" gasser. I like it, as once the meat is wrapped, I don't have to add more wood. The drawback is that I have to add wood every 45-60 minutes. The wood trays have there own door, so I don't have to open the big one to add it.

That is a typical load for a Sunday dinner with 15-20 family members.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here