Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meater Block Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meater Block Shipping

I’ll believe it when I see it, but this email I received today is good news. Especially to a guy like me who backed them on Kickstarter in October *2015*. I really hope it was worth the wait. On paper it’s amazing (four wireless probes!). Real world I’ve heard not as great as expected.

Anyone else using the Meater Block?
    Attached Files

Interested to see how it works.

Comment

Congrats. We'd love a report on how it works.

Comment

Yea please be our official guinea pig !!!

Comment

"Delivery may stall"

I love how they slip that in there. So what would you call the last 3 YEARS?!?! LOL!!

Comment

The "stall" might take another three years. Hope you get it.

Comment

Block backer here: I'm right with you, funded it in Jan 2016 and here we are...they have missed literally every single target they've posted, about the testing, production numbers, shipping dates, everything. Kickstarter backers were supposed to be all covered by the end of 2018, now they're saying end of February. Indiegogo (they did an IG campaign following the KS one) has been moved another 2 months accordingly, and with Chinese New Year in there as well, who knows. The production numbers they've given us (the few they actually have told us about) are far below what they originally thought, so I'm thinking maybe, maybe by the May long weekend I might have mine, or perhaps Canada Day. The few people I've talked to that actually got theirs seem to be generally pretty happy...a few have reported issues with the BT connection and whatnot but I have seen some that are reporting everything working as expected. I'll just be happy when I get mine and I can leave this dumb company behind forever. A great idea and concept, but their execution has been so piss poor it defies description. Hopefully ThermoWorks or Maverick or somebody is already prototyping their own design for a truly wireless probe cause it's a killer idea. Love my thermometer but damn if I don't get those wires caught on goddamn everything.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here