Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard Graph

For those of you who have Fireboards and post the graphs of the cooks. What are the steps to capture and post the graph? Are the temp axis numbers set before the cook or before posting. In other words, you are cooking at 225 but some graphs show up to 350. Or is this set my where you set an alarm? Thanks for your help. Just learning how to really use this beyond the basics.

If I'm understanding the question, the temp scale on the left hand side shows the ceiling based off the actual measured temp. So if you set it at 225 and you have an actual spike of 250, then the scale will expand to accommodate.

Comment

• jlazar
      jlazar commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. So Lonnie Mac's scale shown here was driven by the spike at the end when he was doing a sear and not during the cook.

Going to do my first prime rib roast on Christmas. It is a boneless 7lb. I am debating with myself whether to smoke it in the Chubby or use the Weber Kettle/SnS/Rotisserie. Will be

• Rod
      Rod commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the spike in Lonnie's graph is because the fan maxed out in power at the beginning of the cook. Usually on the right hand side of the graph it will show a scale of 0-100 for the fan power percentage being used. That scale can get cut off of the graph if you edit the end time of the session.

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I know what you are asking, yes, the temp scale (LH side) is shown with the highest temp reading, hence 500 in this case, as that is the highest temp reached in this session. My last cook the highest temp I reached was 250, so the max temp scale showed for the session was 250.

When I do it I just do a screen capture of the graph as it appears on my phone. Then just save it as a .jpeg and post it here.

The scales are auto set to the highest range (or slightly above) where you set your grate temp (usually the highest temp used).

Comment

• aladdin4d
      aladdin4d commented
      Editing a comment
      jlazar It depends on what version of Android your phone is running. You either hold the power button for a few seconds then tap screenshot or hold volume down plus the power button for a few seconds.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      jlazar hit the volume down and power button at the same time. It will take a screenshot of your screen and save to Gallery like any other photo.

• jlazar
      jlazar commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Got it.

I own an iPhone so no help with screen capture on a Samsung. I'm sure someone out there will know or Google it in.

Here's a recent graph I pulled off my phone. On the computer you actually get more information. You can see I set the cook temp to 250* so the graph topped off at 300* for the upper scale limit on the left side (set automatically). The scale on the right is the percentage of power applied to the control fan (shown in green on the graph). Pretty basic really.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fireboard Graph Example.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	614504

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Which fan do you use Steve? I'm considering one for Spartacus.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      The Pit Viper... been rock solid

Thanks folks. I think I have it now.

Comment

Samsung S8 capture is power button and volume down.

This is the prime rib roast cook on Christmas (forgot to change the ham label). Meat probe shows ambient temp until 10:29 when roast put on. Weber probe drops off before 1:30 when I removed to begin the sear. Ups and down in temps caused by opening to rotate the roast.

Thanks again to all for helping me learn how to do this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Prime Rib Roast 12-25-18.jpg Views:	1 Size:	398.5 KB ID:	614516

Comment

When I post them to the Pitmaster Club, I do a screen shot from my desktop.

Comment

I asked FireBoard folks about being able to adjust the scales and select different probes to plot and colors about 9 months ago. So far there doesn’t seem to be any customizaability for graphs in the app. Once it auto scales it stays that way.

You can only really zoom on the time axis.

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you made that word up.

Looks like ya got it! On my graph ya linked too, you will see the blue line. That is the set point of the whole cook for the fan control. All the green stuff is the fan itself running at a percentage of fan speed.

I too just do a screen capture on my iMac. (CMD+SHIFT+4)

on your computer you can zoom in to the graph, and on your phone also with a pinch zoom. You can also share your whole cook using the website.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Quite right, it auto uploads to the cloud. Thanks for reminding me, I need to go look at that every once in a while !!!

I wonder if we have any Fireboard employees who are members of the pit?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here