Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Maverick ET-735

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Maverick ET-735

I was looking for a new thermometer with remote capabilities. I currently have a ChefAlarm. I found a new Maverick ET-735 at FireCraft. They have it available for pre-order at this link. Their website says: Maverick does it again! The brand new Maverick Bluetooth ET-735 breaks barriers with its technology, capability, and durability. Pair the control unit with your iPhone® or Android® device and track up to four different temperatures from your phone/tablet. That's right; this unit can accept up to four probes! The two included probes are a brand new waterproof design. Unlike other probes on the market, these probes can be cleaned under running water, an industry first. The easy-to-use app features large temperature read-outs, timers, and alarms. Available to ship in January of 2015...Well it's now February, so maybe soon?

-David

Not sure waterproof probes are an industry first, lol, but a first for them yes. I would be all for that IF they had the old fashioned radio signal instead of Bluetooth, and IF they had a receiver like the others. I don't want to have to use my phone/tablet as the receiver...although I do see it as being very handy for some folks.

I'll hold out for the ET 740.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this and updating us, by the way!

Comment

This has been on their site (and nowhere else) for several months. They isn't even a whisper about it on Maverick's own site. It sounds great, but I'll believe it when I see it. I did one of those pre-orders on something once and after several Fridays beyond the promised delivery, they scrapped the shoe thing. It was a disaster.

Comment

I'm with Huskee. If the transmitter works through RF frequency, or better yet, WiFi, they've got a hit on their hands. I'll pass on bluetooth.

Comment

Yeah, bluetooth only would not be my pick. I'm going to wait a while and see what happens. I really need wireless. A boston butt cook today and having to make a bunch of trips to read my ChefAlarm. I can't wait for dinner. Here they are after 6 hours. Both are about 8.5 lb each.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9904.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	60494

Comment

Looking good, Fuzzy.

Comment

Wow that looks goooooooood!!! I got bacon wrapped smoked deer sausage in the Pit Barrel, and Chickens on the Weber getting Vortexed.

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is this the first time using the Vortex JB?

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here