Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You won't believe your eyes, it actually exists! Is this the first actual sighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious to learn whether you think it's worth keeping. I'm so frustrated with this company that I've been thinking of selling mine as soon as it arrives without even opening it. Still waiting on the key email from them.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not to be premature but just playing with it without following directions, when I pulled the probes out, one of the ambient readings were 20* off to the food end at room temperature setting on the counter. Shutting off reset it but only testing will determine how accurate they are, hopefully this weekend.

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Very interesting & surprising considering how long they have held the units back. I’d expect minor hiccups but this has the warning signs of a major problem.

My experiences are the same Powersmoke_80. All 4 probes' "ambient temp" read roughly 20 degrees higher than the "meat" (pointed end) temp sitting out in room air, the "meat" temps were spot on.

All through the test cook today the "ambient" temps were 15 or so degrees *lower* than my control thermometer, the XR50. Why 20 high at room temp but 15-20 low at cooking temps?

I can't figure out why they're so consistently inconsistent.

App lost connection many times, block unit had to be about 5' or less from the kettle or it lost signal. Can't imagine what the Yoder will do to the probes' signal.

My initial impression is it's a way overcomplicated and not highly useful device. As it stands now I think it'd be great for a rotisserie item, if you have something else for the ambient temp. I REALLY HOPE future uses change my impression. I want to love it.

I plan to write up a more detailed review of my experiences thus far elsewhere. Spinaker

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      My thought is these @$$ holes thought it would be funny to do a kick starter then when the money poured in they thought "ah $h!t now we have to do somethingor we are in trouble" with no idea on how to do it.

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds about right.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here