Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermapen or thermapop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermapen & a pop. Gave the pop to son-in law. Not that I didn’t like it, just don’t need. If I could only have one temp gauge it would be the thermapen.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      This ain't rigged neither. Fireman speaks truth!!

Dude GET THE THERMAPEN!!!! Not even a question. First have the best and then scale down for other needs. The Thermapen is the veal stock/Demi glacé of the cooking temp world.

BT DUBBS, I have a Thermapen, pop, RT600, infer red and alarms n such. The pens are the best of breed. Just own it!

No question. Spend less later.

Comment

I love my Thermapen MK 4. Its accurate, folds up and feels good in the hands. I also have the Thermopro TP 20 to keep an eye on ambient temp within the smoker and inside temp of protein. I have to add that the Thermopro has great customer service should you have problems.
      The MK 4 is useful checking temps, baked potatos, and reheated foods. Couldn't live without it.

Comment

I’ve had my pop for about 1 yr now. Loved it. Got it when they went on sale. Then thought how nice it would be to get a Mk-4. So I pulled the trigger a few weeks back when they went on sale. Got that and the booty glow in the dark cover for less than original price. I am surprised how fast it is. Not disappointed at all. Start low then go high. Both are worth it when it comes to food safety

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here