Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wire management XR50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire management XR50

i thought of some stuff to do but wonder if any of you have a best practice for the probe cable management. Click image for larger version

Name:	7811C57D-DADE-4440-82EB-15FDEE16F181.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	549773

The struggle is real.

Comment

My solution is.....I don’t look at the cables

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
        BriggsBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        That has been my mode of operation so far. I am thinking a mini version of what my vacuum cleaner has. Have four for each probe. Might get lazy and do nothing.

No problems here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180816_123722.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	549801

Comment

Whatever you do, don't look behind the TV in my livingroom. It looks SUPER clean from the front...a wasps nest from behind.

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
          BriggsBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't even get me started on that. We switched to direct tv and they add all this crap to make things work. Wires everywhere.

Or you could get some heavy duty cardboard tubes and cut to size. Put a slit in each end to hold the wire ends.

Comment

• SmokingSteve
          SmokingSteve commented
          Editing a comment
          The probe could go inside the tube while the wire wraps around the tube with the slit to hold the jack plug.

Huskee Is it just me or is the site not updating? Still shows three responses on this thread for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RgJXAW4.png
Views:	148
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	549851

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          I reported this same error on three occasions and still no fix. I give up....

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          We have no control over vBulletin's servers... Sorry. It happens like that on occasion

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          No biggie. Just trying to help.

I would wrap them around that 66 sign if it’s detachable or a popsicle stick or something.

Comment

If Maverick does another update in a few years some posts on the back of the unit to wrap the wires around would be nice.

Comment

I have 4-5 Thermoworks probes for use with my Dot and Smoke, and what I try to do is always coil them, and I use wooden clothes pins as a clamp to keep the coiled wire together for storage in my little bin of thermometers in the pantry. You could do the same thing with these, and use a clothes pin to clip together a loop of excess wire.

Comment

When not in use I hang my unit and cable hang free or should I say dangle

Comment

When in use on my Weber Spirit II E-310, I run the wires in through the opening designed for the rotisserie attachment. That gives me a choice of which side to have them go in to the grill from. It also helps keep the wires off the grates.

When not in use, the transmitter and receiver are on the side of the refrigerator and the cables/probes are laid out in an oval on a bookshelf in my computer room. That way I don't have to worry about kinking the wires.

Comment

I use toilet paper rolls to store the wires in. I tried to keep the natural/ shipping wire bends to prevent breaking the small wires from breaking. The wire is kept inside the roll.

Comment

Or you could get the 4 probe wireless Meater. Oh - wait. That's still in stealth mode....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here