Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my new thermoworks IR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new thermoworks IR!

I fell for a thermoworks 24 hour sale and got a contactless thermometer that accepts a type K probe and reads to 1400 degrees F. My old IR thermometer only went to 550 - 600.

Anyway, it came with a little extra something. Which was unexpected. But a nice touch

Click image for larger version

Name:	8CF721A0-909D-49DE-BEFA-2C1531C4B803.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	531944

Cool your jelly beans came with a thermometer

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the way you think...

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      Robb not something I normally hear 😃

Congrats on scoring the Jelly Bellys. The hardware ain't to bad either.

Comment

I love the IR gun. I use mine all the time.

Comment

Tell the truth... Do you find yourself checking the surface temperature of a lot of random things anytime you get it out?

Comment

YES! I now know the following:

how hot my electric stove elements get
          how hot the gas non-grill burners get
          my truck engine surface temperature
          my AC output temperature
          my arm temperature
          my beer temperature

and so on in that manner

Comment

And if you get really bored some animals love to chase the dot

Comment

I had a Stanley IR thermometer. I used it mostly as a cat toy. The new one has a laser circle, so it is even better as a cat toy.

Oh by the way my HVAC delta T is good. In case anyone was wondering. My life support (central AC) is working fine.

Comment

I’ve had that IR gun for a while now. It’s super nice. I got it for the higher than normal max temp, and the fact the diameter of circle it reads is much smaller and more precise that most other ones. The laser circle is a nice touch too.

Thermoworks has sent jelly beans every time I’ve ordered from them. Nice little touch.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here