Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick XR-50 Pre-order Now at ABCbarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick XR-50 Pre-order Now at ABCbarbecue.com

The Maverick XR-50 sold out in a quick hurry a few weeks back when they hit the shelves at ABCbarbecue. A very nice unit, intuitive, powerful 500' RF range and 4 probes among other unique creature comforts. For $20 less than a competitor's 2-pobe unit, the Maverick XR-50 has been a huge hit with the lucky few who were able to get their order in before stock ran out.

Some units had the unfortunate issue of a battery drain bug (including my test unit), but Maverick is replacing those with a brand new one to anyone who purchased from the first run and had this issue.

If you weren't able to get in there and pick one up before stock ran out, good news! ABCbarbecue.com is now taking pre-orders on the new shipment and when it arrives you'll be on the list. Click here to sign up to pre-order!

The defective units were being refused so no more will be in circulation, and the factory is air-freighting ABC the new ones as they come 'off the presses' to replace the defective ones, so folks who received a defective one are getting theirs replaced first, then the remaining ones will be shipped out to fulfill the pre orders.

Personally, my only real complaint on this unit was the battery drain bug I experienced, batteries only lasted about 5 days nonstop, which amounts to about 8-10 brisket cooks. Not terrible, but not great. Otherwise, and especially in the absence of this defect, this unit is unstoppable even without considering its incredibly affordable-for-what-you-get price.

With the bug worked out I'll probably pick one up in the future.

Comment

Yep, same here.

Comment

It's an my "to get" list.

Comment

This thing is a dream come true. LITERALLY

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
            Some units had the unfortunate issue of a battery drain bug (including my test unit), but Maverick is replacing those with a brand new one to anyone who purchased from the first run and had this issue.
            One minor correction to this. My read of the email Adrenaline sent out is that they are shipping new units to EVERYONE who purchased from the first run, regardless of whether they experienced this issue or not (I did, so most definitely need the replacement).

How cool is that? Just wanted to point this out because customer service is a big part of any product you buy, and in this case you can put any concerns there to rest.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you for the correction, You're right.

Don’t really need another thermo, but you know how it goes...

Comment

jgreen , I didn't need another one, either. So I bought this one and sold my wifi thermometer on eBay for more than I paid for the Maverick.

Comment

• jgreen
                jgreen commented
                Editing a comment
                Brilliant.

We're replacing all units because the factory's initial estimate that 10% of the units had the "battery drain bug" was low and only one of the two units has to have the bug for it to cause an issue for the owner of the XR-50. We have no way of knowing who has the bug, so Maverick and Adrenaline Barbecue decided to replace all of the original orders. Like Huskee said we have new ones being air freighted in from the factory and will ship out replacements and pre-orders as soon as we get the new XR-50s in.
              Last edited by David Parrish; July 3, 2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here