Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woot deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woot deal

I am going to give this a try! 6 probe unit for $40? Worth a shot in my book.

I have a similar version of his, the Morpilot. Same exact probes. I find it to be off in the higher temp range, like poultry temps. But it's accurate enough for low & slow & meat temps. If you get it, you'll want to cover the colored part of the probe handles with foil, trust me on that, they stain with smoke in one cook.

Comment

It says 6 channels, can you monitor the cooker temperature with one?

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, you can use any of the 6 probes for whatever you want, 3 in the cooker, 3 in meat, 1 in the cooker 5 in meat, 5 in the cooker 1 in meat. Or only use 1 or 2 probes and leave the others in a drawer. All 2 - 6 probe thermometers of this sort are interchangeable which makes them very handy.

I have one of these. As Huskee says, the temps seem to be off a bit at higher temps but for food temp and low and slow it works great. It's not built like a tank but seems to be of decent quality. The Bluetooth wireless signal reaches over 100' for me and never disconnects as long as I am around my house. Having 6 probes has been handy and it works great. You can set alarms for different temps on each probe. Overall for the price, I have been happy with it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here