Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meater

Had my MEATER probe for about a month now. By far the best investment I made From Ribs,Pulled Pork to Briskets this was right there with the temperature reading.. With the WIFI you can monitor it from just about any where, within reason.. Scope it out you will not be disappointed.

Welcome. And no wayyyy! Thxs : )

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto.

Welcome Chuck!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Chuck. The Meater doesn't get much love here. I'm glad you are happy with it.

Comment

🤦 Dang it.... you chose meater for your first post....

anyway... welcome from indiana

Comment

Oh my ChuckB bless your heart. I'm sure you will be getting some very well intentioned, and accurate, thoughts on that there Meater. Take it in good stride and welcome to the Pit from The Great State of Jefferson ! This is truly a wonderful site with great people and even better advice, hang with it.
            Last edited by CaptainMike; June 17, 2018, 07:08 PM.

Comment

You and your Meater are welcome here in the Pit

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                Glad to have ya here, with us!

Comment

I got a dollar that says Chuck works for Meater. Just sayin.

Comment

Welcome from Hays, KS!

Comment

I know nothing about the meater but I do know that I can’t cook the perfect meal without a great thermometer or two or three or four. Welcome

Comment

Thanks for sharing you thoughts, Chuck, and Welcome to The Pit. I remain optimistic about the Meater. Whenever I get mine I look forward to testing her out.

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe, if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. Click here to fill out an email change request, or email me at [email protected].
                        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

So the hate for the meater is two fold is that correct? First it was a crowd source funded project and didn't take care of the user level investors? Secondly its performance leaves something to be desired?
                          Last edited by Attjack; June 17, 2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• ecowper
                            ecowper commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It’s the first part that is the biggest issue.

Well yes & no. The "didnt' take car of investors" is not true. It took WAYYY longer to get things cooking, but many folks have received their stuff long ago. And the ones who complain about poor range aren't using the WiFi-enabled devices. The Block backers haven't gotten their goods yet because they're still working out bugs to get the manufacturing up to snuff before shipping out. Taking an incredibly long time to make it properly, apparently.

Comment

• ecowper
                            ecowper commented
                            Editing a comment
                            After raising several million dollars, the support of the crowd funded investors hasn’t been great.

• Huskee
                            Huskee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            ecowper they do give quite thorough monthly emails on the progress and what's taking so long. Like I've said before, I'm patient and optimistic, that could be gullible if they turn out to go bankrupt. I'm of the mindset I'd rather have properly working gear than a complete turd that I got quickly.

• Attjack
                            Attjack commented
                            Editing a comment
                            So someone like ChuckB or me might actually be pretty happy with the product?

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here