Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard question

My first cook today with the Fireboard. I put it on my wifi. Very good signal. Twice in a 12-hour cook the app displayed, 'waiting on temperature data'. Only cycling power on the Fireboard fixed it. I find this very disappointing. Is this typical?

Mine did the same thing several times today. First time it’s ever happened. Wonder if it was something with their app?

Comment

Try killing the app and restarting rather than rebooting the fireboard. Rebooting one or the other usually works.

Often when hen the app is failing, the controller is and thermo is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

Comment

I agree with Polarbear777 : kill the app by pushing the home button twice on your iPhone or iPad. Then swipe the Fireboard page that shows (with a bunch of others, most likely) upwards. That will kill the app. Then you can go back to the home page and restart the Fireboard app.

This hasn't happened to me as yet but I've read about it on the interwebs.

The only problem I had was to have the Fireboard controller die of starvation since I didn't recharge it before using it for a subsequent cook. So now I just run the Fireboard plugged in with the usb/AC cable whenever I use it. FWIW, if your Fireboard dies from lack of charge, you don't lose your data. Just plug it in and it will keep going.

Kathryn

Comment

• JCGrill
          JCGrill commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I'm Android, not iPhone, but I know how to kill an app. Thanks.

Polarbear777fzxdoc Thanks, I didn’t think about doing that, I’ll have to try it tomorrow.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here