Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carrying case for Fireboard & Accesories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrying case for Fireboard & Accesories?

Hi! I was just wondering how other fireboard users store their thermometer and their accesories (for me its 6 probes, the pit viper fan, the fireboard itself and both of the chargers)

I've seen earbud cases for probes, but I haven't seen a carrying case, looking for some solution kind of like the smoke carrying case.

So, any ideas?

Thanks!
    Fer

This works really well for my KBQ controller and accessories. May be a bit large for your purposes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• Julie Zwosta
      Julie Zwosta commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the same thing except its walmart's brand. Works great. Inside can be wiped out.

This, I think is a laptop case, is what I use. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3171
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	516323Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2877
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	516324 seems to work great. I took the pic of the name so it might help you.

Comment

I do the same only with a Tupperware flat container. I also have about 4 of those orange probe minders (although ridiculously priced) they really to a good job of organizing.

Comment

Got these at The Container Store.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180614_190138.jpg
Views:	2872
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	516418

Comment

local liquor store that also has cigars sells the boxes for a buck when empty. I've snagged a couple to store my Smoke(s) in. works well.

Comment

I use a tool box with a tray in the top. Works great. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I use this case from BBQ Guru for all my stuff. The DigiQ is currently in use, but there is plenty of room for it.

Name:	77E1B104-CF23-4121-BB4E-F99B68AC7891.jpeg
Views:	2851
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	530432

Name:	945C1A1C-BEB0-4C57-96FE-798CD2DD215A.jpeg
Views:	2911
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	530433

Comment

This is inexpensive yet solid and water tight...

I use a smaller version of this box when I am using mine, but will probably upgrade to the above larger box when I get the fan controller.

Comment

This is the case I made. I used an Apache case from harbor freight. I wanted it to hold my iPad as well since I use it every time I smoke.
                Attached Files

Comment

• frigate
                  frigate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Which Apache model number is that?

• Andrrr
                  Andrrr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You triggered the OCD in us!

• grantgallagher
                  grantgallagher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ske do these come with uncut foam and you just cut yourself to fit?

I like Fireboard's orange probe holders, as Troutman recommended. They unspool so quickly when I need them and I can keep the food probe safely nestled in them until time to poke into the meat. That way they're not flopping all over, hitting the sides of the cooker and the ground. They wipe down nicely too.

I use a simple storage container from Staples to keep everything organized.

Kathryn

Comment

• frigate
                  frigate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A question, their web site says each holder will hold two probes. Looking at the pictures of the holder it looks like it will hold only one probe. Which is it.?

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  frigate , each holder does hold 2 probes. See this You Tube video to see how they go into the organizer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfecs5yZ_js

I remember being puzzled by that as well when I ordered mine, l which is why I went looking for a You Tube video to be sure, so you're not alone.

Kathryn

• frigate
                  frigate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you.

I use waterproof cases from monoprice.com
                This one has since changed and been rearranged...but it’s the only one I have a picture of.

Name:	414CB71A-332F-498F-BD44-5B1A2790FC15.jpeg
Views:	3450
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	850057

Comment

I use an inexpensive shoebox-sized plastic box. The 2 spools are the limiting factor for the height. Not for transporting, just for keeping everything together.
                  Attached Files

Comment

AmazonBasics Hard Camera Case - Small

Name:	image0.jpeg
Views:	2644
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	850515

Comment

I just found this product to hold my Fireboard, 2 spools, 6 probes and other accessories. It's a $15 Artbin, a simplay plastic case made in the USA: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here